entry procedures for greece

Irish Rover

Visit site
Hi All, I want to cruise greece for 3 weeks in September.I have a uk registered boat, based in Turkey. I want check in and check out from Kos marina. What are the current procedures?
TIA
RPP
I've never checked in/out in Kos but I do so in Pythagorio, Samos very regularly with my Turkish registered boat. I do the check in/out myself without an agent and the procedure is very straightforward. Best to have your crew list prepared in the preferred Greek format. You go first to Passport Control and get your crew list stamped, then to Customs to purchase a transit log and pay the Tepai cruising tax - customs will accept the first month in cash and if you stay longer you need to pay subsequent months online. Finally you go to the Coast Guard [Port Police] to complete your check-in. Check out is basically the same procedure in the same order. Passport Control, Customs and Port Police are all within a 3 minute walk in Pythagorio but I'm not sure about Kos.

JFowler

Visit site
The staff at Kos Marina are incredibly helpful. I’m sure they can point you in the right direction.
The various offices you need are near Mandraki Port about 1km from the Marina.

rigpigpaul

Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I emailed Kos marina. They were very helpful. I have to check in at the port authority in the town harbour before I can enter the marina. Last time I was in Kos the town harbour was very busy. I will go to Kalimnos to check in.