Ensign shock

Poignard

Visit site
Let the battle commence

Ah good-oh! An ensign thread. Haven't had one for a few days.

Time to make a pot of tea and a pile of toast, and sit back and enjoy the battle. :D

prv

Visit site
At least I now have an inkling what a flexillologist is.

A bizarre typo for "vexillologist"?

Do Classic Boat still prepare their copy by dictation? I suppose if anyone does, it should be them.

What stood out for me in the article was the idea of a red ensign defaced with the logo of the NHS. For use on hospital ships?

Pete

tinkicker0

Visit site
For causing maximum shock to aging, pedantic, pipesmoking, Freeman and Seamaster Skippers on the river, I usually find that flying a large pair of pink silk bloomers off the stern is quite efficacious.

The resulting outrush of breath often results in a glowing pipe ember/cableknit cardigan interface. :D

Visit site
For causing maximum shock to aging, pedantic, pipesmoking, Freeman and Seamaster Skippers on the river, I usually find that flying a large pair of pink silk bloomers off the stern is quite efficacious.

I can recall flying one girlfriends panties from the car radio aerial after parking up a country lane many years ago.:D

But the ensign is a bit ruritanian isnt it. Mind you all the gold braid on officers dress uniforms is a bit third world anyway.

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
As an employee of the other NHS can I fly an NHS ensign - if only to get sympathy????????????????

TudorSailor
NHS_Logo.jpg

TamarMike

Visit site
For an Historic Boats Ensign it doesn't have a very 'historic' feel to it. Don't like the modernish logo planted on, that reminds me of something corporate in the cruise line line.

When I saw it I rather suspected it was only approved on the assumption that no-one with an eligible vesel would want one anyway.