Emergency Rescue - don't worry, it's just a story

peterg

Visit site
Emergency Rescue - don\'t worry, it\'s just a story

I currently work for (but not for much longer, thank goodness) a book publishers and this week we got a letter from a reader regarding a novel we published recently which featured the RNLI in the story and I would like to share her views with you.

***************************************************************************************
Your writer named ####### ###### above should get her facts correct before she writes about the Lifeboat Service. No way! and I quote - page 6 -

"The Severn class lifeboat was moving slowly down the ramp towards the harbour bed(sic). There were a crew of three on board, two helmsmen and a coxswain."

At 39 tons and 2.5 metres draft at the stern, this is neither done nor possible. There is also a 7 man crew (minimum) for this size of vessel. My husband is with the service and actually laughed at this. Does the author realize the size of a Severn class lifeboat? I don't think so!
*****************************************************************************************

Kind regards to you all from Boatless (and soon to be Jobless as well) Pete!