Eligibilty: She 31?

Enzo

Visit site
Hi there, I know the 30ft limit is in place for the Jester but I note some entries above this have been invited. I just wondered if anyone knows if a She 31 at LOA 30ft 4ins would be considered for entry

JunkMing

Visit site
Enzo, to give you a serious reply - there would be no problem at all for a She 31. The Jester Challenge is the antidote to rule-makers and committee-wallahs who get exercised about such things as a few inches difference in length overall. Nobody would give a damn if your boat happens to be four inches longer than advised by an unwritten and unenforced guideline. Just go for it!

Independence

Visit site
Enzo, Having completed the Azores Challenge in 2008 I purchased a She 31b December 2008 and am planning on doing the 2012 and 2014 JAC's.
I'm in the process of doing an extensive refit and would be keen to swap 'notes' if you are considering similar.

Whilst Roger has answered your question, purely out of interest, I have an IRC certificate for my She measuring her at 30.74 feet. Wonder if we share the same version?

welkman

Visit site
Im currently refitting my SHE 27 with the aim of completing the Azores challenge. Its nice to see so many 'she' boats about! Should make for some pretty pictures.

James