Electronic Repair in Corfu - Recommendation

Cariadco

Visit site
Just had Dimitris of Electromar (just outside the marina entrance, opposite Navigators bar) repair my Autohelm ST7000 Course Computer. The output to the drive motor was only going in one direction (polarity) and then, it was not inching proportional to the amount of degrees of change I was selecting. Obviously a problem with the computer itself.
He dived into the electronics and replaced some of the Transistors themselves. The original components are not available, so he used equivalents.
Basically, he was glad of a chance to see what he could come up with, to be able to offer repairs to this type of Autopilot, for future customer. I was more than happy to be the guinea pig.
Well, he's fixed it, with one small wiring change, but no real probs.
He's now going to have a go at my failed, ST50 Tridata unit, which is not powering up, at all.
I can report that he's helpful, enthusiastic and extremely passionate about electronic work, like this, and there's not many like him, rattling around the place, although...are there????

Hardmy

Visit site
+1 this guy is really fantastic. Amongst other things, he repaired a faulty GPS aerial (others just told me to throw it away). He removed some components, and soldered in new-used ones. Good people like him, are very busy though.