Electrician recommendations chichester

billyfish

Visit site
My house bank has stopped charging and I've been mucking about new switches, relays,alternator as afar as I can see all wired up the same , can't find any fuses and getting a bit stumped. We were in Yarmouth and had a guy look at it and it stumped him as well to the tune of 300 sobs. Sailed back yesterday to home port of chichester and if anyone knows of a clever chap with a meter I would love to know.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Is it just alternator charging that isn't working ?

If so, check the cables from the alternator to the battery, remove them, clean and refit. Do the same with the negative cables, in particular, remove, clean and refit the negative cable that's connected to the engine block.

billyfish

Visit site
It's charging the start battery just not the house. I took them all off and put them back on but must have missed something

jlavery

Visit site
07921764251 – Adam McMenemy, ACM Marine, based at Emsworth Yacht Harbour. We've used him.

ashtead

Visit site
Maybe the boat make might have an owners forum to give advice on location? If you are in Chi marina surely the office has name of electrician . The problem with them is getting one to turn up when said sadly .