Electric toilets

ianainge

Visit site
I am changing my manual Jabsco toilet to electric in my P360 the Jabsco quiet flush is £475 while the Lexus one from Compass is £300 anybody got any experience with either model or advice, it will be 12V freshwater flush. Thanks

andyball

Visit site
think the jabsco hugely over priced for the quality, & not very quiet at all, goodness no. But, ours is working faultlessly after 3 years with no servicing at all. Same freshwater flush version.

sarabande

Visit site
Jabsco every time. Excellent pieces of kit. The Cleghorn sales and service team is the best by far. Parts advice and delivery of an order last week was less than 24 hours, phone to boat.

miket

Visit site
Unless there is something wrong with your current manual one I wouldn't change.
I have had both manual and electric and on balance would have manual every time, but then I like "simple".

Salty John

www.saltyjohn.co.uk
After a lifetime of raggies with manual bogs flushed by salt water my Grand Banks 32 had a Vacuflush fresh water system. Brilliant. No smells, no pumping, sheer luxury.

MaltaBob

Visit site
Changed my Jabsco , on the same model Princess 360, to electric last year. Had loads of problems with the conversion, turned out to be a very tight motor/impellor, Jabsco changed it to be fair and it's been OK since. Two points though, they are too expensive, and very noisy! Wished I had gone for an alternative.

SpiderDiver

Visit site
Here's another one to consider the Vetus Quietflush - fiited the compact version to coincidentally another P360 and very pleased with it. Converted to freshwater at same time and could use at night without waking rest of Marina! BTW as the outlet from toilet is 1" (has macerator) you can use the original seawater inlet as outlet on P360 - just change the skin fitting as 1" inlet is strainer type! However I left this to next lift out and didn't have a problem. Hope this makes sense. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jfm

Visit site
Vetus stuff is made by others and badged Vetus. Their toilets are Sanimarin if i recall correctly. All imho but generally toilet experts including headmistress will tell you that Tecma is a much better product that Sani. Tecma is factory fitted by Mangusta, Leopard, Sunseeker to name but a tiny few. It is the superior product to fit compared with other electric macerator toilets like Jabsco (ugh) and Sani. And they aren't particularly expensive, and have a very modern touch panel control

On outlets, you would use the wide bore existing outlet pipe with a Tecma, 40mm or whatever size they are. That seems a better job to me than using 1 inch, in the interests of long term blockage disaster avoidance ...

SpiderDiver

Visit site
Thanks for that didn't realise they were re-badged - just checked this out on the internet and images look like to Vetus unit I had although the later ones have a different control panel now - my unit was controlled by a pressure switch type button