electric fence

billskip

Visit site
end of every season its time to repair the battle damage..most is due to other boats parking sternto as is in the med..i dont know why but so many think that
pushing on the guard wire is going to move many tons of boats either side so they can park...braking the guard wire and/or stauntion as they go...are you guilty of this practice??? if so think!

Maybe I will fit one of those battery opperated electric fences to the guard wire should be intrestin...will of course put the little warning notice...

Bill
www.macsyachting.com
www.aegeansailing.co.uk

G

Use a Neion light trasnformer> Then you will know who was doing it when you find them fried the next time you go to the boat And we get a free firework display . :) :) Paul

jollyjacktar

Visit site
Think Big

Don't bother with the little battery operated electric fences, they can stop polar bears and wandering cattle. Think big just connect a bare wire up to the mains supply.

billskip

Visit site
Re: Think Big

Hi JJ ..tried the mains but they put those rccb´s in and they are only 30ma trip so only get one at a time...over on mobo bb sombody says about mains on the hand rails maybe they will publish results...

Bill
www.aegeansailing.co.uk

Stemar

Visit site
Re: RCCDs

They won't feel it if there's an RCD, it'll cut out too quick. Hook up an inverter, live to the stanchions, neutral in the water, then they really won't feel a thing!!!!

You'll need a big battery tho', and somewhere to put the bodies!

bedouin

Visit site

That shouldn't be a problem. If you wire the mains up to an isolating transformer then the RCCB won't fire, you just need to make sure the other end of the isolated side is grounded. You could also take the opportunity to increase the voltage to something a bit more juicy - say 5kV.

Visit site
Don\'t you find that....

.. it's usually speed that is the major factor. Get 'em to stop (absolutely dead in the water) a boats-length out, then start a second phase move with a very short time in astern tick-over until they are eight feet off then drift the last bit before chucking lines to helpers/ leaping the leap of faith! Severe castigation of the "back up pushing a tidal wave, full forward throttle at five feet out to stop" brigade!

I know, I know, you can't be with 'em every time, but show them this method and it takes the "fire" out of their charging up to the quay.

Steve Cronin

(Who must confess that after first season's chartering, only damage to boat done by himself! (small dent to gate stanchion port side) - mitigation? - Two previous sleepless nights getting there & waiting for tardy customer to get off!

billskip

Visit site
bodies no problem ..just push em off with boat hook(wood)..like bedouin idea 5kva..wot about the eht from the telly .thats about 14kv init?..I know i used to draw an arc off the old b+w sets to light a fag...

Bill
www.aegeansailing.co.uk

longjohnsilver

Visit site

MBC would report back on 240 volt rails etc but unfotunately no one left!!!

However many delighted widows, now counting loot from insurance policies, even more delighted at never having to set foot on boat again!!!

gus

www.whysuffer.co.uk
As with all 'electrical' installations there is always the possability of a failure of the system. Take the environmentally friendly option of reusing those hideous floating ropes that seem to be discarded at random by tying their ends to your stantion bases and leave several metres floating in the water alongside. Only an outright idiot would attempt to come anywhere near you boat and risk fouling his prop. Problem solved??