Electric dinghy inflation pump

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
Thanks Woozy. I am looking to replace a Bravo BST 12 HP and this may be an option though both the low and high pressure outputs are lower.and my dingy is a bit larger. I like the integrated battery - as long as it will do a full inflate and a bit of a deflate on one charge.
i got the pump back in november and not charged it since and have used it every other weekend and the battery is at 60%

ctva

Visit site
My lesson from using a rechargeable SUP pump is to not try to get the dinghy fully inflated with it, as you can burn out the motor. Instead, as noted above, get it 90% there and finish with the foot pump.
Considering the SUP pumps need to go to 15-18psi for paddle boards and we are only 2.5-3psi max for a tender, I have always inflated to full pressure using the SUP pump with no issues. As always, you get what you pay for (mine cost £120).

mrming

instagram.com
Considering the SUP pumps need to go to 15-18psi for paddle boards and we are only 2.5-3psi max for a tender, I have always inflated to full pressure using the SUP pump with no issues. As always, you get what you pay for (mine cost £120).
I bought this one for £120 and I found the motor made a nasty burning smell when I inflated my tender and attempted to bring it to normal pressure. The pump runs for far longer / and consequently gets hotter, when inflating a 2.4m dinghy versus a small SUP.

When it comes to electric air pumps on the Internet:
- Tens of products available, often with the same ones appearing under multiple brand names.
- Almost all reviews focused on inflating SUPs rather than dinghies.
- Authenticity of reviews is at best questionable.

Glad that you got one that works for you, but as to “you get what you pay for”, that might apply if you’re buying a new Rolls Royce, but purchasing one of these pumps online is more like rolling a die. 😂

jac

Visit site
I have a rechargeable SUP Pump. No idea how many dinghies i could inflate with it on one charge but plenty of juice in it. Expensive £120 but good. Previously we had a coleman that was high volume, low pressure and would get it most of the way there and then use the manual pump but when it died thought we should splash out!!