Eddie Jordans new Tender

jfm

Visit site
D

Deleted User YDKXO

I think Eddie should ask for his money back on the tender. You would think that a custom made tender would have a bit of a windscreen, some nice figure hugging adjustable seats and look less like a child's rubber ring. And the Plastimo grey colour is a bit naff too. The trailer is nice though

Door Mop

Visit site
They may look substantial but that's not what it's all about, they have to have certain wheelbase widths, and things like no welds in the A-frame to drawbar and side markers, things like that...

me2

Visit site
Humm and they are not the only main boat dealers in Poole using " that " make trailer !

Last edited:

aquapower

Visit site
They may look substantial but that's not what it's all about, they have to have certain wheelbase widths, and things like no welds in the A-frame to drawbar and side markers, things like that...

How can you tell the wheelbase width from that picture? And how can you see if its welded in A frame?
What make trailer is it?
I only ask as I'm about to buy a new trailer soon and don't want to buy somthing that's not legal.

MapisM

Visit site
I know close to nothing of trailers legal requirements, but I'm happy to take your word for that.
I'm more impressed by your "spot the trailer" skills though, unless you know more than what can be seen in the pic below.
In fact, just looking at that, I would have sweared it's the same that I had in a former boat of mine.
Built by Bramber Trailers, and perfectly road legal.
I still have the certificate of conformity, and can post it if you're interested.

Mind, I'm not 100% positive that it's exactly the same thing, but if it isn't, pretty sure it's extremely hard to tell by this pic alone....
....which is why I said you must be damn good at spotting trailer details! :)
-DSC5515.jpg

me2

Visit site
The first thing you can see is the fact it has no orange side lights fitted , it must have them since 2012 so cant have been approved

jfm

Visit site

The picture clearly shows 2 orange side markers - I though 2 satisfied the legal requirement

I thought the no-welds rule didn't apply in a case like this where the RHS is continuous from the trailer frame all the way to the hitch and the welds are only between the "main beam" and the parallel stiffener, ie a failure in the welds doesn't make the trailer detach from the tow vehicle. A good example of this in practice is that most RHS is seam welded, but that weld is longitudinal as it were, so isn't illegal. But happy to be corrected on this - (and Rafiki would of course be the ultimate authority on this for those who know his job title!)

This trailer might have been built/sold before the new weld rules came in of course, in which case it would be legal even if it had an "offending weld"

jfm

Visit site
come on JFM

Ooh, game on Me2. :D

The side lights rule does not apply in the UK to ANY boat trailers. Only reflectors are required on a boat trailer. Would be different for say a caravan, but in that case the side lights would be red/white bicolour, not amber

me2

Visit site
No that rule was dropped in 2012 ..... This is Daddy me2 and trailers are my living and paid for the little git that uses my loggin boat spotting hobby !

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
No that rule was dropped in 2012 ..... This is Daddy me2 and trailers are my living and paid for the little git that uses my loggin boat spotting hobby !

Surely an orange bulb in a white reflector would satisfy that requirement though? Lots of cars around with "white" indicators.

me2

Visit site
Yes it would do but that trailer has no lights on the sides ,they are meant to be at certain places on the side frame not the mudguards .