ebay Sigma 33:

capnsensible

Visit site
Co incidentally, I took some prospective buyers out for a sail on one of those on Friday morning. Based in the Canaries should anyone fancy a floating joliday home. :cool:

I really enjoy sailing these. I learnt heaps about racing them up on the Clyde many tides ago.....I even sailed a brand new one from a Marina near Helensburgh.

Dated now but what great memories!

Bobc

Visit site
Great boats, but can have a tendency to delaminate (being foam core construction).

Minerva

Visit site
If your thinking of racing check it’s still in class

Probably safe to say it’s been on a year / 2 year Atlantic circuit with a family, it’s no longer in one design racing trim.

Also probably safe to assume that if you were looking to buy a 33 to race one design, you wouldn’t buy one that’s done a lap of the Atlantic.

Abestea

Visit site
I had to take a double take on some of those pictures. I have exactly the same age and very similar colours. They are brilliant boats and I have experienced some hairy times and I have yielded way sooner than the boat was ever close to.

Definitely needs the spinnaker in very light airs down wind and a bit rubbish upwind, however, once the wind increases slightly it shows her true colours. You can push it further without reefing but comfort suffers greatly. It is a boat to reef early rather than later.

To be honest they are usually more tired because of racing! The are taken to extreme as they can handle it but wears the kit out.