Easter Weather in the Car Park

[2068]

Visit site
So it’s warm, flat and Sunny. To those that are going out, I salute you!

Me, I shall remain in the car park, awaiting parts to arrive from Italy so that the “thing that moves the boats” can be fixed.

fnE6Wc.jpg

Mr Googler

Visit site
The Irish Sea is flat as a pancake....it will be flatter tomorrow....and warmer....the tides are perfect....and the family are all free....nothing on the boat is broken (that I know of)

This is stuff of legend!

crazy4557

Visit site
Think positive:
Lower berthing costs
No fuel costs
No wear and tear
No cleaning
No barnacles and weed taking hold

Doesn't really add up does it, I'd much rather have my boat in the water and having an adventure or two.

[2068]

Visit site
WhY what’s the problem?

The boat now has to be moved with a "boat mover", rather than the crane trundling up the quayside like it had done for the past 20 years without incident.
(H&S ?)

The pads on rear of "boat mover" cracked, parts have now arrived, but there's still uncertainty that it's set up properly, something about the front support.

Elessar

Visit site
The boat now has to be moved with a "boat mover", rather than the crane trundling up the quayside like it had done for the past 20 years without incident.
(H&S ?)

The pads on rear of "boat mover" cracked, parts have now arrived, but there's still uncertainty that it's set up properly, something about the front support.

Which marina? The crane is still happily trundling around shamrock and Saxon.

I’ve seen them off-roading those cranes in the Caribbean ie onto non level ground where one wheel needed to go down by 3 or 4 feet - and the whole thing twists so that the wheels stay on the ground and I was horrified - but it still didn’t drop the boat!

superheat6k

Visit site
Surely you have a contract with the yard holding an implied obligation that the whole purpose of your boat being there, and for which presumably you are paying said yard, is that they must put your boat in the water when scheduled, or at worst +- 1 week or so.

Any longer then it must be incumbent upon them to do whatever is necessary to get you in the water, and in my view that certainly includes assassinating any idiot flying his colours as some form of banner of "health & safety" !

[2068]

Visit site
I read the contract, and there are multiple get-out clauses.
There isn't anything that says that they must launch on the date that I asked them to.
They are at least reimbursing the marina fees for the non-launch-month, so it's not a complete disaster.

First World Problem, I know.
However ...

Last edited:

superheat6k

Visit site
There isn't anything that says that they must launch on the date that I asked them to.
They are at least reimbursing the marina fees for the non-launch-month, so it's not a complete disaster.

However ...

I am sure the contract is completely loaded in their favour, but that does not mean these clauses are in anyway legitimate. Unfair contract clauses are simply nonsense, and easily thrown out by any reasonable Judge.

Likely overriding all of there convenient get outs, is the overriding fact that you keep your (and pay for the privilege of) boat at a yard / marina so you can sail it on the local waters, not just have it there for the sake of it. After a ~months delay for what seems to be Health & Safety nonsense (-v- prior recent practice) is, IMHO, simply unacceptable. I would put them on (very short) notice that you require your boat afloat without further delay, or that you will put them to severe cost if they do not facilitate this.

Firefly625

Visit site
just wondering who I can complain to for the fact my daughter is doing GCSE's and getting down to the boat in this next month is going to be tricky.

I certainly would like some sort of reimbursement at the very least.

[2068]

Visit site
just wondering who I can complain to for the fact my daughter is doing GCSE's and getting down to the boat in this next month is going to be tricky.

I certainly would like some sort of reimbursement at the very least.

Maybe the school has a “loss of boat use due to examinations” bursary fund? :)

Last edited:

Elessar

Visit site

However ...

Which marina?

Ask to see the risk assessment that prohibits the use of the crane. Sounds jobsworth to me.