East Head

JesseLoynes

www.arboryachts.co.uk
I haven't seen many boats in there... You'll only get a couple of metres of water at the very most on a high spring, and there are enough channels and streams in there to mean it would be tricky to dry out on a nice firm flat bit.

Why would you like to try? And in what sort of boat? Guess you could camp under a boom tent in a wayfarer or something...

WestWittering

Visit site
Ermmmmm no. Only 'cos it is usually a marsh with a foot or two in the middle. And as Jesse says 2m if you are lucky on a high spring. FWIW at Swan Hill, not marked but along side Roman Landing, WWSC has a dinghy sailing club there.....

Di

oakleyb

Visit site
We have a Cat that draws just over 0.5m, was walking around that area and it looked like a nice spot. Boats were sailing in here but i may have got the indication wrong that there is enough water

thanks

WestWittering

Visit site
Tried it in my Hurley a few weeks ago (0.8m draft) and it was shallow as a shallow thing... but it wasn't a big tide.... I went there after I read this chaps post about staying the night there... but he has a West Wight Potter and they seem to float in a dew soaked field... :D

http://bills-log.blogspot.sk/2013/05/pottering-part-21_17.html

Which is a good description of that area to be fair. There is a channel that runs through from the Head itself, but I see it more often empty than navigable. Getting in is probably okay, but you may find yourself neaped the next morning. The navigable part of the channel is very narrow too, so no chance of mooring in it either. It is a shame as it is a lovely spot with great sunsets...

Di

mcframe

Visit site
Has anyone ever stopped here overnight ?

I once got to just inside the northernmost edge of your red circle....

... Then I had to lift the centreboard of my Walker Bay dinghy, push off the mud, tack and sail back out to the mothership ;-)

Maybe if you have a kayack as a tender...

Zagato

Visit site
Pilsey would be my preffered place to overnight and also Hayling Island area. The Drascombe guys go here, dry out, BBQ game of rounders and float off in the morning.

Other threads that may be of interest