East Cowes Marina

tome

www.google.co.uk
Can't believe I was charged 27 quid for overnight stay last night at East Cowes (37ft boat), rafted 3 out! The place is truly horrible- the only saving grace is the chain ferry to West Cowes 10 minutes walk away.

Am I missing something (apart from 27 quid and not checking prices first)?

JeremyF

Visit site
Pretty good, normally

I'm a fan of East Cowes. Its generally much quieter than the Yacht Haven, less full of Sunsail and other hearties, and the staff work really hard to keep the facilities in good nick. Bad luck re rafting though. I thought the new visitor pontoons were finger pontoons, with space for one boat between, with no direct access to the pontoon.

<font color=blue>Jeremy Flynn/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
Dawn Chorus</font color=blue>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
27 quid?

Unbelievable. We stayed at Den Bommel on the Haringvliet on Saturday night. We were the inside boat of a raft of three. Paid 6 Euros (call it 4 quid?) for a nice peaceful night, good toilets and showers, attractive surroundings and a renowned wildlife site. This was our second visit of the year, in April we were charged 3.18 Euros. Profiteering, I call it.

tony_brighton

Visit site
It does leave a bit to be desired. The 'pub' isn't up to much either. For that price i'd go to the yacht haven.

Or try UKSA and catch the ferry into town - would save you a few quid.

G

27 quid - on yer bike I say !!

Thats changed my plans - I shall not indulge in EC Marina now ....

Oceanranger

Visit site
I went in there a couple of months ago. When they told me £27 I paid for a short stay and legged it. Try the new pontoons at Shepherds Wharf - they're around £19 for 11m, or pay £9 on the mid-river pontoon opposite the fuel barge and you'll have enough left over to pay for half a dozen taxi rides to West Cowes.