East Coast/N. Wales mooring costs

Mudhook

Visit site
Re: East Coast/N. Wales mooring: thanks for all th

Thanks for all the information, folks. Much food for thought and some very persuasive cases put! I’m inclined towards North Wales at the moment but a number of ducks still need to be put in a row.

Regards, Mudhook.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: Anglesey

will be over at peely at easter probably.
dragging swmbo around dickies

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

extravert

Not far from Uwchmynydd, near Bwlchtocyn, just up
Visit site

So there's you in Anglesey, roy_ryder probably in Porthmadog and NigeCh in the Menai Straits, the list looks like this now...

You - Jools_of_Top_Cat
Me - extravert
david_e
Benny_1
timevans2000
Broombroomput (Abersoch)
NigeCh (Menai Straits)
sailbadthesinner (Anglesey)
roy_ryder (Porthmadog?)
stubate (?)
lauradee - perhaps?

Going to need crowd control soon.

<hr width=100% size=1>Adventures of the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.xrayted.fsnet.co.uk>Teddy Bear Boat</A>

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
me too, especially the type on a nice quiet beach with barbeques and beers while we watch the boats gently bobbing up and down at anchor.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue> Julian </font color=blue>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ukstaffords.com>http://www.ukstaffords.com</A>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site

bloody hell
it will be like the blinkin solent if we all go out.

actually not sure about peelyweely this easter
am sailing up in scotland two days before easter then driving straight down to Anglesey on the friday ( may fly one wayand get lift back)
might have had enough of cars to go to peely on in easter traffic.

unless someone offers to buy me a beer
*flutters eyelashes*

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

NigeCh

Visit site
There's also Holyhead Marina which is being built now. It's access is much improved with the A55 being dualed from Britannia Bridge to Holyhead .... but the downside is that the A55 is getting horrendously busy and the A5 is a country lane.

(An aside, does anyone have any info on the progress of the proposed new marinas at Port St Mary(IOM) and Deganwy?)

N Wales/Anglesey will always be a quiet and wonderful place to sail because even when all the marinas are completed the number of moorings/berths will not be able to increase because of CADW's SSSI's

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Peelyweelers

Escape was on here for a while, think he still has a Jen 37, called Escape, on the marina.

Probably be more than a few lurkers as well!

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: trip round dickies pw

there is an ongoing campaign with swmbo to take year out and go sailing.
i take her to look at expensive boats at dickies to lessen shock when we do buy one in the med.

however dark mutterings have brought the words 'children' to my ears. which will certainly scupper the plans if i am not careful. i am taking an axe to the king size and buying bunk beds.

FlyingSpud

Visit site
Re: trip round dickies pw

Its not the bed you need to take an axe to if you want to avoid kids. Their tactics are to confuse you with their bodies and next minute its ‘Hello daddy’, bunks or King Size.

Unless you realise that, and you’re showing off with talk of ‘King Size’.
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Other threads that may be of interest