EA license

plumbob

Visit site
Just had a call from a friend who put his boat back in at Easter........applied with cheque on April 5th..............24 days later , still no license. EA said still plenty of time, dont worry !! So he copied the application and cheque stub. Went through 4 locks at the weekend , only to be told the lockies wernt a) surprised and b) not interested.

ianc1200

Visit site
Mine took longer to come back this year, perhaps 10 days/two weeks, as against the usual by return of post. Did get concerned it had gone astray, but turned up as I was thinking of contacting them.

alan-w

Visit site
Backlog now at least a month

I spoke to the EA yesterday. They said that they are working on applications received on the 8th April and that those will take a further 10 working days to process. This means that people who posted their applications on the 5th April will receive licences on about 23rd May.

Apparently the backlog is vast.

I sent mine off on the 12th April (when I took ownership of the boat), so I will have to wait until June to get anything back from the EA.

We have had lock keepers make us fill in forms, although we have not encountered the mobile enforcers yet.

watson1959

Visit site
As I am in the process of buying my first boat, I have an uninformed question:

The boat has a current license on display; is there anything I will have to do as the new owner in order to transfer 'license holder' status or is this done by the vendor/broker as part of the process?

Thanks
Simon

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
The former owner should tell EA that he no longer owns the boat and is thus not worth chasing for the new ticket. IIRC there was, on the form, a space for "details of new owner if known" Its the boat that is licenced, not you as owner, you just need to renew when it expires.