E-TEPAI System. - Payment??

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi Folks,
I've just submitted my application for the above Greek Tax thingy, all seems ok, but where do I pay?

Can't see a button on their web page, nor any links or banking info on the email or two attachments.

I'm stuck!

Any ideas?

Cx

Suggest you read above tax thingy - see payments! Straight forward if you stick to the rules.

DO NOT put any further details than the absolute minimum. EG dont be helpful and add boat name ANY WHERE. the 20 digits is the payment ref you will get from printing off (in PDF form) the application - again see above.

Do not fill in a Additional notes to recipient - not even a dash as it gets concatenated to the payment ref field - and you will have your payment returned.
Follow the notes above!

Sy-Revolution

Visit site
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply. I have followed your very helpful guide but I'm still at a loss to see where one can opt to pay.

"NEXT
You will get an email with 2 attachments. Print them boat off or save them as downloads for later. The important thing is the 20 digit reference which you will need for payment
Note: If the email does not come, you can Print out the form to PDF and this will show you all the info including your 20 digit number. See below "Method 2"
NEXT
Payment.
I chose to pay..... "

I can't see where I 'choose to pay'. There seems to be no link in the email, no link of their website and no bank details on either of the email attachments.

Am I just being thick or in need of better glasses?

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply. I have followed your very helpful guide but I'm still at a loss to see where one can opt to pay.

"NEXT
You will get an email with 2 attachments. Print them boat off or save them as downloads for later. The important thing is the 20 digit reference which you will need for payment
Note: If the email does not come, you can Print out the form to PDF and this will show you all the info including your 20 digit number. See below "Method 2"
NEXT
Payment.
I chose to pay..... "

I can't see where I 'choose to pay'. There seems to be no link in the email, no link of their website and no bank details on either of the email attachments.

Am I just being thick or in need of better glasses?

They are totally separate acts - register - pay. there is NO payment system on the aade site. You go online to your bank and make the payment - but taking great care to only put in the actual required items - nothing else.
BUT - others have found that going to the Greek Post office is the simplest route and several have even paid by credit card (ideal).

Good luck.......

You must remember that the Greeks have no money - all paid to the Germans to bail out the German and French banks... so any software like this is done on a real shoe string - and you can see it in the software - a basic flat file with no entity structure other than basic! gosh - why am I supporting the Greeks!

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi Chris,
Ahh, I see, is the 20 digit code sufficient payment info for our bank without their BACS details then?

Would it be better to wait until we're in Greece (Sept 28th) and pay at the local post office armed with our 20 digits?

Cx
From the Instructions

 Recipient : see below
The recipient of the funds has been missed off the FAQ Instructions;
I have used AADE, but Ministry of Finance has been used.
 Recipient bank: BNGRGRAA (Bank of Greece)
 IBAN (field 59 of swift): GR1201000230000000481090510
 Remittance information ( field 70 of swift): the 20 numbers (no letters, punctuation and spaces) of TEPAI payment code

Then wait a day or 2 and check on the AADE site for your confirmation - I wont be sent to you - you have to look.

Alternatively - and best for you I think is to pay at the local postoffice. YOU MUST take the print out - now here I am going to get you to read the instructions as to what to print!

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Or pay at a bank instead of the Post Office if that's more convenient. The banks will charge for the service but only 2-3 euro usually. I think that Alpha bank might be cheapest at 2 euro. You will only be ably to pay by cash at the bank and might need to visit an ATM first. Of course the ATM will charge for the withdrawal and I think National Bank might still be cheapest for withdrawals. Read Chris's helpful notes.

jordanbasset

Visit site
I used transferwise. after an initial hiccup, which was due to the new Tepai system rather than transferwise, it went through okay and with the cost of less than a pound and a very competitive exchange rate. Recently renewed for a further two months also using transferwise

Garold

Visit site
An update:

My wife went to the local post office in Gaios today to pay the TEPAI tax and was told that the post office no longer handles the payments and it now has to be paid in at a bank. She did so, and it was fine.

When we last paid the tax in the spring, we used the post office.

I’m not sure if this is a local issue or a national change.

Garold

SlowlyButSurely

Visit site
I used transferwise. after an initial hiccup, which was due to the new Tepai system rather than transferwise, it went through okay and with the cost of less than a pound and a very competitive exchange rate. Recently renewed for a further two months also using transferwise

+1

I used Transferwise too. Simple.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I only taxed mind until the end of September. How do I apply again?

Log in. Make a NEW APPLICATION. enter everything again. Print off - pay - print off receipt once payment accepted.!

I cannot edit the sticky instructions now at the top and the word file is to big to attach........

I know:encouragement: Join the CA - then you can down load any of this stuff! I thought you were going to!

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Log in. Make a NEW APPLICATION. enter everything again. Print off - pay - print off receipt once payment accepted.!

I cannot edit the sticky instructions now at the top and the word file is to big to attach........

I know:encouragement: Join the CA - then you can down load any of this stuff! I thought you were going to!

Cannot afford it ,as I am a honest sailor