dufour 385

sailaboutvic

Visit site
can any owner of Dufour 385 let me have any feed back about the yacht good and bad please I am thinking of buying one and not had the chance to test one out .
also any one near the east coast who has one and need a crew for the day i be more then please to crew for you .

Alyssa

Visit site
We've had one from new in Aug 2005. We were looking for a boat of about 36-40 feet, that sailed well and had good accomodation (for Med cruising). For various reasons we had a preference for something new or fairly new. After evaluating what was available at that time we came up with the 385.
Spent first 18 months based in the Solent , then last Spring we set off across Biscay to N. Spain and Portugal. Left her in Lagos last winter. This summer we did S. Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Med Spain, Balearics to Sardinia and Corsica.

In all we have covered about 5,500nm in a range of conditions up to F8. Mostly two handed (with wife) except for Biscay crossing.

Overall extremely pleased. No real negatives.
We have the 2 cabin/1 heads version.

If you have any more specific questions please PM me.

Mrnotming

Visit site
Hi Sailaboutvic, could you check your other post about lack of water on French Canals, as two forumites wish you to clarify matters, thanks.

robavery

Visit site
You won't do better than to call David Pike of Wessex Yachts. He is NOT on the east coast however, which appreciate does not help you too much but you will get good & honest advice. I have 44 bought through him and I have not bettered his service.

jonic

www.jryachts.com
[ QUOTE ]
You won't do better than to call David Pike of Wessex Yachts. He is NOT on the east coast however, which appreciate does not help you too much but you will get good & honest advice. I have 44 bought through him and I have not bettered his service.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem......wasn't there someone else in the loop too?

Cheers from Martinique, all arrived safely. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

robavery

Visit site
OOOOH!!

Think to have suggested a phone call to the caribbean a stretch to far!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

jonic

www.jryachts.com
[ QUOTE ]
OOOOH!!

Think to have suggested a phone call to the caribbean a stretch to far!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuses excuses....... /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sailaboutvic, Robaverys advice is excellent as I work with David alot. If you PM me your email address I will email you a pdf copy of a sailing today ""nearly new" in depth sea trial of a 385. The review is based on the following criteria.

Sailing Today sea trials‘nearly new’ boats rather than trialling a prototype/demonstration boat that might be
unlike
the final production model. All boats tested are still available as new models, however, inspecting them closely for wear and tear and speaking to the owners directly helps our testers to offer a more accurate judgement of the vessel’s ability to perform over time.

Robi

Visit site
385 trial

Does anyone still have a copy of the trial mentioned please? I can't find it anywhere.
Many thanks

[ QUOTE ]
OOOOH!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuses excuses....... /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sailaboutvic, Robaverys advice is excellent as I work with David alot. If you PM me your email address I will email you a pdf copy of a sailing today ""nearly new" in depth sea trial of a 385. The review is based on the following criteria.

Sailing Today sea trials‘nearly new’ boats rather than trialling a prototype/demonstration boat that might be
unlike
the final production model. All boats tested are still available as new models, however, inspecting them closely for wear and tear and speaking to the owners directly helps our testers to offer a more accurate judgement of the vessel’s ability to perform over time.

Chevy

Visit site

unlike

Hi just wondering if I could get a copy as I am interested in one as well?

Have sent PM