Drying areas in Dartmouth

C08

Visit site
I need to scrub off and antifoul my cat in the next couple of weeks. In the event that the Dart Harbour drying grids are booked when I can get down are there any stony/sandy beaches around the harbour suitable for drying out and scraping off weed & barnacles and then anti fouling within the tide (i will sof course sheet under and collect up my scrapings for disposal)?

edsailing

Visit site
Back in the early nineties I put my Westerly centaur on the beach at Dittisham to do this. Once scrubbed I waited for the tide to float me off - the next high tide was nearly two feet less than predicted. No way was I going to float! Next high tide, I got away at 2am, my helper was long gone, I had to pick up my mooring off Philips yard, single handedly at 3 in the morning!

Moral - don't rely on tidal predictions

C08

Visit site
Creekside Boatyard on Old Mill Creek kindly allowed me to use their slipway and all done in one tide although with only one coat of antifoul applied. The slip is well set up with a wooden staging to tie to whilst drying out. Some interesting old boats up there.