Dropping injector

scozzy

Visit site
Hi all
So....New injector for my yanmar 1gm 10...I dropped it on kitchen floor out of box,no great height, didn't bounce about and no damage, at least to look at!

Put on motor, priming/bleeding system and needed a qtr turn on HP feed pipe at injector to stop drip while cranking so I know fuel getting that far but no sign of fuel coming out of top of injector at banjo screw so as to complete bleeding process...

Have I damaged injector or am I missing something stupidly obvious?

Cheers

38mess

Visit site
Hopefully it's ok. Looks like you are bleeding it correctly.
You can take it to a garage and have it tested for peanuts. I took mine and they charged me £5 each to test

rogerthebodger

Visit site
It's possible to test the injector by removing it from the engine and connecting it to the feed oipe and turn the engine over and watch the spray pattern.

My local diesel garage test for free only charges for a service / replace. needles

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
It's possible to test the injector by removing it from the engine and connecting it to the feed oipe and turn the engine over and watch the spray pattern.

My local diesel garage test for free only charges for a service / replace. needles
But be VERY careful to keep your hands or any other bare skin away from the spray pattern. The diesel is expelled at a speed that will penetrate the skin resulting in permanent sensitization to diesel and nasty dermatitis.

scozzy

Visit site
Good ideas and advice thanks all.I suppose I'm thinking out loud about the gubbins inside the top of injector as a whole notwithstanding spray pattern as a result of damage therein.
If fuel is reaching injector but not running out the top banjo screw as I try to bleed is this terminal or serviceable? If fuel is not getting in spray pattern is irrelevant without fuel to spray..?

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Good ideas and advice thanks all.I suppose I'm thinking out loud about the gubbins inside the top of injector as a whole notwithstanding spray pattern as a result of damage therein.
If fuel is reaching injector but not running out the top banjo screw as I try to bleed is this terminal or serviceable? If fuel is not getting in spray pattern is irrelevant without fuel to spray..?
That sounds like a blockage in the fuel system.

NorthUp

Visit site
The top banjo on the injector does not need to have fuel coming from it in use. Bleed the injector at the hex nut on the high pressure pipe. Slacken the nut a half turn and crank away, not for too long. Use the decompression lever if necessary.
Edit- close the seacock if cranking longer than 30 seconds ...