Driving to Greece

Yangosat

Visit site
If you havent already set off, be aware we have crap weather forecast for Greece next 24 hours, we had fresh snow on mountains above 5000 feet . Dyrfis on Eyvia is in front of us and got a new coat at the weekend.
Other than that, enjoy the trip!

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Update.
I got through the tunnel at 1:00am European time and drove to the other side of Brussels. I had a few hours sleep in the car and started on my way to Budapest via Vienna. Got there about 7:30 pm.
Next morning I drove to Skopje Macedonia there was a small delay of 1/2 your crossing the Serbian border.around 8 hours driving .
I left Skopje after breakfast around 8 :00 am and drove to Athens ,this journey took about 7 hours .
I think we beat the time using the ferry boat to Patras, but we used a little more fuel.
most of the roads were fine and in Macedonia they have nearly completed a new highway,

A bit tiring but not to much of any bother .Definitely a easy trip if you enjoy driving.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, where did you spend your stopovers and what were the costs?

The first night we stayed in Danuduis Flamingo hotel,Bucharest, as we were coming late 5star €60 with a very very good breakfast ,staff told us to make sandwiches to take with us. secure parking
Second night we stayed in Skopje In the Hotel Orange € 30 b&b okay breakfast ,(I think we were the only ones there) secure parking .

Make sure you do have a Green card as customs officers on Macedonia border very strict.
Uninspiring landscape driving through the Balkans compared to Austria/ Italy.

grumpygit

Visit site
The first night we stayed in Danuduis Flamingo hotel,Bucharest, as we were coming late 5star €60 with a very very good breakfast ,staff told us to make sandwiches to take with us. secure parking
Second night we stayed in Skopje In the Hotel Orange € 30 b&b okay breakfast ,(I think we were the only ones there) secure parking .

Make sure you do have a Green card as customs officers on Macedonia border very strict.
Uninspiring landscape driving through the Balkans compared to Austria/ Italy.

Cheers for the info, It's a shame about the Balkans being so uninspiring but we'll bear it in mind for the next trip.