Driving from UK to Greece

Cariadco

Visit site
We're just about to set off on our return to Corfu, but following all the shenanigans in France, and that the car has only a 46 liter tank, I'm gonna give Grumpygit's route of Dunkirk, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Lake Como, and finally Ancona, but with a short blast down through France between Luxembourg to Basel, before heading off into Switzerland.
I'll post on how we get on,
Regards.

t_v

Visit site
Reviving an old thread here but what is contained is by far the best advice I have found online (and it isn't for lack of looking).

I have updated the routes provided by @nimbusgb (Calais start rather than Dunkirk) for the most recent version of GMaps as we are planning/preparing to drive to Greece (Preveza) on July 2022 (Covid permitting):

Calais to Ancona - via Austria
Calais to Ancona - via Switzerland

If anyone has any further additions/recommendations please share, we used to go via the Balkans which was "interesting" to say the least (without Covid in the mix).

Cariadco

Visit site
I do know that the Mont Blank route requires snow tyresfitted, and maybe snow chains in the Car.
We just came through Frejus tunnel out if Italy into France and I asked, but they have no demands for these.

Other threads that may be of interest