Double yellow lines or clamping required

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Lovely sail down in to tne Crouch Sunday afternoon, being lazy to hot for all that navigation milarky so bouy hopping chilling out cool beer in one hand and steering with my foot which is my normal position when things are a little qt aboard.

Then got a bit confused I was sure the last mark i passed was Buxey #1 but could not for the life of me pick out Buxey #2 opppps headed towards the sands looking for the contour line when out of the gaggle of boats at anchour i spotted the missing item. For us guys this was not a poblem bot for any of the coasters that head to Baltic wharf the would have been forced out of the channel that goes between numbers 1 & 2 makes me wonder should some form of licence be manditory after all, dead against it normally but stupidity like this does make me think twice

DSCF1009.jpg

DanTribe

Visit site
I was anchored there on Sunday, 2nd boat to arrive, and anchored in shallow water inside the bouy out of the channel.
I don't consider that to be stupid or irresponsible. What number of boats would be too many? Admitted one or two motorboats were outside the buoy but not really obscuring it.
The timber ships all have GPS & radar and know exactly where the nav marks are.The river is not narrow at that point, well upstream of Sunken Buxey. I can't imagine they would have any problems negotiating that section.
Perhaps drinking beer and steering with your foot could have have impaired your navigation skills /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
MoodySabre.
The Harbourmaster was too busy dealing with calls to stop local youngsters swimming from the Town Steps and sailing club pontoons to come and move people from anchoring in legitimate places.
What is the world coming to when people think they can just enjoy themselves on a sunny day?

FullCircle

Visit site
Very well known pickicking spot for the Seals that live on that bit of the Foulness bank. Been like it for years.
Gosh, not an Anchor Ball to be seen, take that boats name,Letter to the Times, harumph,harumph, Disgusted of Dengie.

I think you should extend your chillout mode Nev.

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Dan

No prob with all those in the shallows as they normally are and i have been there myself but surrounding the bouy in that way IMHO is just stupid

As for you Mr FC as you can see I am drinking my own beer, you still owe me for the stand up for Burnham week but ECB has offered to take me yipeeeeeeeee /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and I am looking forward to it (dont tell janey) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Leighb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
At least no one's tied up to it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Too right, there was an angling boat moored to Collimer buoy in the Orwell a year or two back, and it was a turning mark in a club race, some harsh words were exchanged /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif