Double quarter berth yachts under 30 feet

Nudge

Visit site
Bene First 285 has quite a decent aft cabin and has an option of a lifting keel.
There is one in our club - a lifting keel and the owner mentioned that he is thinking of selling.
PM me if that would be of interest and I'll put you in touch. You would have a fun trip bringing her down from the Clyde!

Spyro

Visit site
I've begun looking at yachts under 30 feet with double quarter berths. So far I've found:

Gib' Sea 76
Jouet 76
Jeanneau Fantasia 27

I wonder if anyone can suggest others.

I would have thought those boats are way below your budget, Think bigger. Fancy a 1986 Jeanneau Attalia with a huge aft cabin. Sails only a few years old. Not needing anything like £6K spent on it. Probably would need new standing rigging so def within your budget.

CloveHitch

Visit site
Many thanks everyone for the further suggestions.

Thank you Shan for sharing your photos of your Beneteau's aft berth. I'm much shorter than your husband: at 5’11” in shoes I've therefore been tempted for find yachts with sufficient saloon headroom clearance for me. My previous boat was a Westerly Pageant: at 23’ I could nevertheless stand in the saloon, so I assumed that 27’ or 28’ boats would be OK; but of course I’d underestimated how generous Westerlys are with their headroom. So you may be right Spyro – I may need to go a little bigger.

colhel

Visit site
The Konsort has got a pointy bit so wide i can lay across it but I'm often accused of having my feet on "her" side if I slept in the correct position... The quarter berth, according to Westerly is a double, but with the chart table where it is it would be too much of a faff for us to try. A double by 1970's boat standard perhaps. :ambivalence:. But 29ft and within budget.

Spyro

Visit site
Many thanks everyone for the further suggestions.

So you may be right Spyro – I may need to go a little bigger.
Not for size or space I was just thinking you will get a bigger boat than what you initially suggested for your money. There are some people asking silly money for old boats. Don't be put off too much by asking prices.

charles_reed

Visit site
I had a Seal 22 - that had two quarter berths and I used to cross-Channel in it on a regular basis!!
Sat out the Fastnet in Braye and then sailed over (quite quickly) to Newton Ferrers.
Probably too down market for the OP, but an excellent Angus Primrose design.

cueball

Visit site
I had a westerly Merlin, loved it. Not great in light winds but very sea worthy and good to sail, pointed up well for a bilge keel. Aft cabin was a good size for a 28ft boat.