Do you have a Padel Court, the latest must have?

mullet

Visit site
I don't - but I once saw a sizable motor yacht anchored off Antibes that had a basketball court on the aft deck. Later that day they had U2 blasting out at an antisocial volume, when we put binoculars on it to see what was going on we saw that it was actually U2 playing on the the basketball court. The boat's owner was Larry Ellison.

benjenbav

Visit site
I don't - but I once saw a sizable motor yacht anchored off Antibes that had a basketball court on the aft deck. Later that day they had U2 blasting out at an antisocial volume, when we put binoculars on it to see what was going on we saw that it was actually U2 playing on the the basketball court. The boat's owner was Larry Ellison.
Seems fair enough. 😂

Neeves

Visit site
The boat's owner was Larry Ellison.

Who cares.

and by the way

Who is Larry Ellison? I cannot be bothered to check Google or Wikepieda to how uniformed (call me a Luddite) I am

Its like anchoring next to someone unknown whose anchoring choices causes you concern

Just move. Remonstrating simply causes anguish and you knowing better are a better person. unless you like U2 (which, or who, I think are average).

Now for real thread drift - Who would you enjoy a free concert from in an anchorage.....

I went to a performance from The Who at Paisley ice rink - circa Magic Bus. There were maybe 50 in the audience - unreal.

Jonathan

Stemar

Visit site
Is he the guy who developed Oracle, the system that runs a good number of the world's big databases?

As for the ad hoc concert, Fleetwood Mac are, it seems, rumoured to be planning a comeback. If they aren't available, can I'll be boring and ask for Pink Floyd

benjenbav

Visit site
Who cares.

and by the way

Who is Larry Ellison? I cannot be bothered to check Google or Wikepieda to how uniformed (call me a Luddite) I am

Its like anchoring next to someone unknown whose anchoring choices causes you concern

Just move. Remonstrating simply causes anguish and you knowing better are a better person. unless you like U2 (which, or who, I think are average).

Now for real thread drift - Who would you enjoy a free concert from in an anchorage.....

I went to a performance from The Who at Paisley ice rink - circa Magic Bus. There were maybe 50 in the audience - unreal.
Rock concerts are kinda about a shared experience, imho. I’m not sure I would take much pleasure out of having any parcel of musicians prancing around for my private enjoyment.

I think a nice billiard table might be a better luxury item onboard the average yacht. 😁

oldbloke

Visit site
Many many years ago, at anchor in Florida, watching the sun go down we could see ,silhouetted on the flybridge of a large motorboat, a man's head bobbing up and down. Got out the bins and could see he was running on a crosstrainer.