Disorg Rally update III

G

Disorg Rally update

Yarmouth, 6th.7th July,

A fine welcome awaits you in the pleasant Solent Harbour of Yarmouth, I.O.W. Here you will be able to rest your wallet in certain hostelries, swap tales of all the wussies who dropped out, mock those b*ggers from the I.O.W who cycled home for lunch, or the doughty mainlanders who found 6 miles of grey puddle too much for their seamanship. Facilities at Yarmouth are quite entertaining - there are a surprising number of 'refreshment opportunities' within crawling distance of the berths, as a recent recce and subsequent hospital bills proved, and some owners are rumoured to be offering crew spaces to those unfortunate enough to be 'sans bateau' for that weekend. Hotels and B&B's abound, the grockle ferry from Lymington parks in the harbour to assist the boat-less but should otherwise be avoided.

Do come. A Jolly Time is guaranteed.

Advance Weather Forecast for 6th,7th, 8th, July 2001 Issued by the Meth Office at 11/3/01, 19:00 Guiness Mean Time.

Pissing Down, as usual.

Victim List

Six boats from the forum on the possible list. There were seven but Haydn is selling his 230 foot Princess and buying a RIB, and shares in BP Amoco to fuel the outboards.

All welcome. Special dispensation has been granted from Yarmouth Harbour Commisioners Office for owners to wear silly caps with anchors on them, if they really must. No matching his and her's oilies though, please.........

Navigation: Despatch the starboard helicopter at the fairway bouy, then follow it in. If you're definately coming let me know and I'll book a berth for you. (The Isle of Wight is that large obstruction off Portsmouth.) High tides that weekend at Cowes are around midday, for those interested in a Saturday lunchtime cruise to the Folly Inn, Rising Sun, the Bargemans Rest, or the Jolly Sailor. All accesible by bateau with ample parking and nearby SAR facilities for over-zealous imbibers.

Regards

Sue

Attachments

• 3650.jpg
    3650.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
G

It's not that I,m not comming.

It's the spirits willing but !! crap.

Now if it was. Just get the bike out, freewheel down

the hill and put on a boaty expresion.

Look Knowingly

and make tut tuting noises at the mooring. Or

chug six miles across the puddle looking a bit wind swept, and telling tales of the hazards of the Solent.

BUT it's 300 miles from Lancashire to Plymouth, then

about 120 miles by sea to Yarmouth. Been loads of times.

But first there's the crew, cos wife in her wisdom

has taken up teaching just about the same time that

I was going to take up,

Desert Islands, Bikini clad girls,

gin and tonics and

Leave Lancashire and the rain and the cold for good.

Even Yarmouth would do!!

But as usual. I'm just being stupid and unreasonable.

And she needs her "support network" ?? What ever that

is.

They've chopped the legs off my other possible crew,

Melvin.

cos he smoked too much !!

Thought that was a bit over the top even in this PC world.

But maybe I can claim compensation for a

legless crew!!

So it's a sort of a yes with a maybe and but.

But you can bet on this.

If I possibley can, I will.

But as how disorganised this rally gets,

Just to keep in the spirit of the thing,

I will bring along a token jesture,

A boat!!!!.

G

Re: NO !!!

No what?

How about one of them Jetski things? Look good with a blue Ensign....

Best

Sue

G

Well done that man. Will bring along Thirst Aid kit.

Sue

G

Sailing boats welcome, as long as it has an engine of sorts or might have one in the future. Sprogs and dogs welcome, bring your wife or your mistress, or both.

The Bugle Hotel in Yarmutt purports to accomodate families.

Best

Sue

G

If I don't hoist the sails can I join in too?

Then again I might just sail across anyway. Are you organising baby sitting facilities as per EU directive 359 sub.(iii), paragraph 1.a. 'Discrimination during leisure time' - ensuring families with babies are catered for at any pre-organised social event held in a public place.

Great! See you in the pub.

G

What's the list then? I could come, but my boat is elsewhere, so I'll have to rent one. It'll probably be a sailboat, cos at least then even with most things not working, it'll still get there.