Diesel Heaters O79D etc

hurley_happy

Visit site
Looking for a good price on a Taylors O79D or possibly the Force 10 equivalent traditional diesel heater.

Can anyone advise on a good chandlery site for this kind of gear?

Any experience of how effective/convenient to use these heaters are. I'm still getting over the list price of these at present!

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Force 10 manufactures a line of heater similar to Taylors, SIG Marine Heaters. They are marketed and sold By:

Kurunda Marine
Forge Road
Whaley Bridge
High Peak
Derbyshire SK237HY

Phone: 1663-734-800
email: info@kurandamarine.co.uk

SIG Marine Website: www.sigmarine.com

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Hi there,

Had a force ten diesel heater, all I can say is you get what you pay for. Cokes up dreadfully, and is dangerous! Couldn't leave it unattended for a minute. Believe me I regretted buying it. Not sure about taylors, but a drip feed onto a glow plug such as wallas or similar would be much better, or a blown air heater. Sorry to be so negative but I did have a complete nightmare with mine.
Kind Regards
Colin
Galago,
Brighton

<hr width=100% size=1>

jmp

Visit site
Re: Diesel Heaters O79D etc re hurley_happy

Just fitted a force 10 .
Would not burn at first on diesel,so tried kerosene.
Now works fine ,but only tried at home,as not yet launched.Have left for long periods while in the pub (next door).
May try diesel again ,but as cost is same and Iwant kerosine for cabin &riding lights there seems little point as it now runs so well under the lab conditions.

<hr width=100% size=1>jmp<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jmp on 15/04/2003 08:45 (server time).</FONT></P>

G

I only ever used diesel in my force ten, perhaps kerosene would have been cleaner burning, though I have to say I definitely wouldn't leave it unattended.
Cheers colin

<hr width=100% size=1>

hurley_happy

Visit site

As the originator of this enquiry I thought an update might be useful.

I purchased and fitted a Force 10, sold as a diesel or kerosene heater. I at first had no end of problems and eventually gave up on diesel (the unit blocked up with carbon almost straight away). As soon as I changed to Kerosene the unit worked fine and I am now pleased with the purchase. I think we would be all saved a great deal of messing around if the unit was marketed as a kerosene heater.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jmp

Visit site

You will have seen my earlier response .You seem to have had exactly the same experience as myself .

I endorse your views entirely,and wish I were saved the trial process also.

Once set up works fine.

<hr width=100% size=1>jmp