Diesel fuel polishing system - experiences?

Greg2

Visit site
Which company did you use and where are you based?

I need a similar servicešŸ¤”

We used Pure Fuel Solutions who are Essex based but they travel (my invoice included 50p per mile) and their website says they cover the south east so probably an option for you. They will do the full job with cutting inspection hatches and cleaning tanks if you want them to and they are accessible, or you can just do what we did. I knew the approximate cost up front so knew what I was getting and was very happy with their service. I would recommend them on the basis of my experience.

Freebee

Visit site
When I had this problem recently I bought a polisher unit from ebay that worked really well, the unit had racor type filters fitted on a sack truck it cleaned my fuel and enabled me to scour out my tanks in a couple of hours,

harvey38

Visit site
Thank y
We used Pure Fuel Solutions who are Essex based but they travel (my invoice included 50p per mile) and their website says they cover the south east so probably an option for you. They will do the full job with cutting inspection hatches and cleaning tanks if you want them to and they are accessible, or you can just do what we did. I knew the approximate cost up front so knew what I was getting and was very happy with their service. I would recommend them on the basis of my experienc

We used Pure Fuel Solutions who are Essex based but they travel (my invoice included 50p per mile) and their website says they cover the south east so probably an option for you. They will do the full job with cutting inspection hatches and cleaning tanks if you want them to and they are accessible, or you can just do what we did. I knew the approximate cost up front so knew what I was getting and was very happy with their service. I would recommend them on the basis of my experience.
Thank you, email sent to themšŸ˜Š

harvey38

Visit site
When I had this problem recently I bought a polisher unit from ebay that worked really well, the unit had racor type filters fitted on a sack truck it cleaned my fuel and enabled me to scour out my tanks in a couple of hours,
I have no hatches, only 1" dip points plus fillers so no proper access, I need 1200l of fuel polishing and 35 years of detritus removing šŸ¤”

TrondS

Visit site
purifier is not a polisher, as there is no filtration action, looks to me like a reservoir where water and some contaminants will drop out of diesel due to the change in velocity,

the fuel being fast moving in a small diameter pipe changes to slow moving in a big diameter vessel , maybe some baffles internally to help the settling action but essentially its an expensive settling chamber.
This is partly incorrect.

The system I have (see post 33) is a mechanical centrifuge, which separates the clean(ed) diesel from contaminants like water, diesel bug, and so on.
The contaminants will then fall down into a reservoir in the bottom part of the unit, where it can be drained.

Freebee

Visit site
This is partly incorrect.

The system I have (see post 33) is a mechanical centrifuge, which separates the clean(ed) diesel from contaminants like water, diesel bug, and so on.
The contaminants will then fall down into a reservoir in the bottom part of the unit, where it can be drained.
I don't believe it, that small pulsing pump does not have the power to drive any centrifuging action and in case its pulling fuel through...... have you seen inside that black vessel? I can believe there might be some bent pipe or baffle plate to encourage settling but I could not believe there would be any moving parts in there.

Last edited:

TrondS

Visit site
Yes, it is commercially available. See link in post 42. I bought mine from LandauUK, but not sure if they sell them anymore.
There is no on/off. It runs as long as there is a fuel flow.
No maintenance required, except for draining any contaminants once in a while.

TrondS

Visit site
sorry I edited my post after you replied -have you had a look inside to see what it does??
No, you can not open the unit. But I have seen drawings of the internal design of the centrifuge.

And as mentioned earlier, I have (unfortunately) had a one time experience of purchasing some water and dirt with the diesel, which this unit handled perfectly well, and cleaned the fuel.