Devon and Cornwall - any "on-site" reporters ??

Pete7

Visit site
Newton Ferrers busy tonight with rafting on the pontoons and kids running up and down, but then its Saturday night. We picked up a mooring instead.

Heading for a quiet little spot on the other side of Plymouth Sound tomorrow, think its called Cawsands, won't be many there :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Newton Ferris.jpg
    Newton Ferris.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 49

Scillypete

www.peteandspamgosailing.blogspot.com
Left Helford yesterday afternoon, there was still anchor room plus the space I vacated and one or two visitors buoys. Didn’t need to book at the sailing club to get a table either.
Anchored overnight in church cove to catch the tide right at the lizard this morning and gain extra hours in bed, just three of us anchored there. Passage back to Scilly had many gin palaces passing and ribs and several yachts with more horsepower than me.
only saw 4 anchored in porthcressa and the harbour visitor moorings were almost empty, Tresco channel had quite a few masts but seen it busier.

basically I would say there is plenty of room especially if you are happy to anchor it is the ultimate form of isolation after all

fisherman

Visit site
Yesterday Helford was busy all beaches packed, there were anchorage spaces below Durgan, but full between the moorings and oyster beds further up off Port navas.

SiteSurfer

Visit site
“ Newton Ferrers busy tonight with rafting on the pontoons and kids running up and down, but then its Saturday night. We picked up a mooring instead.”

Big red buoy?

Pete7

Visit site
Big red buoy?

Yes and promptly told off for not flying our RNSA Burgee by the harbourmaster, told him we were flying our ASA one instead, but apparently not good enough. No one said that to me when I was patrolling Londonderry during the the troubles. We left it at that and stayed the night, but I did make sure I had a screen shot of the payment to RNSA.

Popped into Polperro but the swell was untenable so after shopping for a home made cake and bagette had no real choice but to move on to Fowey. Our first time here and very pleasant too. Spaces on the visitors pontoons or mooring bouys during Sunday afternoon, so take our pick. £19 a night for 31 feet seems like a bargain after the Solent.

Attachments

• Fowey.jpg
    Fowey.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Fowey 2.jpg
    Fowey 2.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 56

SiteSurfer

Visit site
Yes and promptly told off for not flying our RNSA Burgee by the harbourmaster, told him we were flying our ASA one instead, but apparently not good enough. No one said that to me when I was patrolling Londonderry during the the troubles. We left it at that and stayed the night, but I did make sure I had a screen shot of the payment to RNSA.

Popped into Polperro but the swell was untenable so after shopping for a home made cake and bagette had no real choice but to move on to Fowey. Our first time here and very pleasant too. Spaces on the visitors pontoons or mooring bouys during Sunday afternoon, so take our pick. £19 a night for 31 feet seems like a bargain after the Solent.

No disagreement there, we came the other way after finally making the Isles of Scilly the previous week and found the pricing to be most acceptable (after the Solent).
We stayed for two nights in the Premier in Falmouth and were pleasantly surprised at the price, couldn't get anywhere near the Haven.
We took a buoy up in Wisemans Reach after spending another couple of days on the alongside pontoon in Fowey, which was a different world up there. - most recommended (and inexpensive).
DroneYealm.png

Last edited:

Bathdave

Visit site
Were in Falmouth at the moment as part of a group of 4 boats from jersey

Been over for two weeks and managed to find marina space here and plymouth and river moorings in Salcombe Yealm Fal and Helford as required without any issues ...one of the boats is 48 ft and has still been fine

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
No trouble at all in the Scillies a month ago. Found space in Falmouth, moored in Meva and Fowey. No trouble in Dartmouth last Wednesday but latecomers rafted up.

Bit of a problem in Salcombe last Thursday until harbour master understood we were here for essential engine repairs.

Seemed fairly normal unlike some of the pubs which either had rigourous rules and felt safe if a bit empty or covidiot filled boozy places which we ran away from like the plague

Sticky Fingers

Visit site

Attachments

• A7408D22-0619-4F67-8D22-911FB7A88EF9.jpeg
    A7408D22-0619-4F67-8D22-911FB7A88EF9.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 6637FDF1-2EC6-4D42-B456-1696045C051A.jpeg
    6637FDF1-2EC6-4D42-B456-1696045C051A.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 24