Developments at Bradwell

MoodySabre

Visit site
It is in some papers today that the government are about to sign a deal for the construction of a new nuclear reactor at Bradwell. This is to be built and run by the Chinese.

The planning notices are up for the creation of a 70 caravan site and amenities on the field at the marina. This is allegedly to house the construction workers rather than just a seasonal use holiday park.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
The reactor stays here the profit to China & we pick up the problems

Free market neo-liberalism at it's very best eh?

Once upon a time, we were the world leaders in nuclear power too.

Sorry, I've come over all Loungey all of a sudden! I'll get back in me box :)

Sixpence

Visit site
Hate to say it, but I hope it's not a case of too little too late http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ritory-as-blackouts-loom/ar-AAdZPod?li=AA59G2
Marina costs could well go down, but they could also go up. Bradwell marina could be a prime mooring location in the future, with its proximity to a power station, and facilities could become one of the best on the east coast if there's loads of construction workers in need of, well, whatever they need, to cater for

MoodySabre

Visit site
The big issue in the marina will be security. It has not been a problem in the past.
The marina is full so fees won't go down. There was a suggestion I read ages ago that the railway line might get extended from Southminster to Bradwell - that would be a plus point. Generally there is no good news here for berth-holders or most local residents.

pvb

Visit site
Will The Green Man change their menu`s to cater for the new locals, even start take oots :)

They're probably already planning it...

news-graphics-2007-_448219a.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
Does that explain why the "Barrier" is still in position despite all the hoo-hah about it being removed?

Will it be re-used by the Chinese perhaps?
The baffle is currently being used in connection with the decommissioning. Having had engineers working on it for nearly a year to get it reusable then perhaps they might use it. Perhaps they might use it as an unloading dock. I don't imagine they will bring all the bits by road although last time there were lots of improvements smoothing out the bends etc. barges and rail sounds more sensible to me. All some years away I expect.

millbeach

Visit site
Hundreds. And a great many long term jobs, apprenticeships and new career opportunities too. It's great news for this part of Essex, if it actually happens, which many locals hope it will.

More like thousands of jobs i think.
Great news for the area, if it comes off.

UncleAlbert

Visit site
This will be a bit Loungy I fear. But hey ho here goes
Last Saturday made a visit to Leiston near Sizewell. Lovely part of Suffolk but I noticed it was blighted by a large number of posters displayed on nearly every property saying " No to new Campus".
I Googled "Sizewell campus" for that was what it alluded to

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/idea_for..._be_affordable_homes_is_put_forward_1_4119445

I find that it is a proposal that 'a small town' is planned to built to house the 1,000's of workers needed to build Sizewell C and which could be sold off as affordable housing once the job is finished. This has huge ramifications for this very rural areas' future.
I offer this as a possible warning of being careful of Greeks (or in this case Chinamen ) bearing, what seems to be gifts. The Dengie could evolve into an extension of South Woodham Ferrers/Basildon. (No disrespect to SWF, but plenty for Basvagas)