Denia prices

Visit site
Info/help please
I'm trying to find out an about price for a 6 month berth for a 11.5m in Denia.
Have tried emailing but no response
Apparently there are three marinas but I don't seem to be able to pin down much in the way of
availability/price, TK mentioned about Spanish marinas, your better off turning up and talking
a deal, so should I just turn up in the boat hoping to get in or book a cheep flight and pop over and have a chat.

Last edited:
Visit site
The thinking was that it was a fairly good place to whizz over to Ibiza and also north n south coast line.
Going to hang around the east coast then maybe winter in Sicilly.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
From Denia, then going north and within a day sail you will find fewer marinas and anchoring places than going south.

North is basically Oliva; the marina is river fed so can silt but they do a fair bit of dredging; then Gandia and then Valencia with a couple of marinas, one was the Americas Cup marina for Acts in 2006/7- very windy!

South of Denia and sailing then marinas are 2/3 hours apart.

This should help http://www.costablancaselect.com/golfcostablanca.php

Down as far as Alicante then not a lot of difference in sailing time to the islands.

As posted in live aboard forum then assume you will be; so possibly distance to shops, good showers, clothes washing facilities, local chandlers etc are all things to think about - and aircon and getting off the boat in late July and August as the temperature soars.

Want quiet nights then probably not Marina de Denia as the marina bars, discos and live music start about 10 and go on til 6 in the morning and is LOUD ( the other 2 are quieter).

Another tip: get a copy of your boat insurance in Spanish

Visit site
Nice one Steve cheers and yes I've got insurance copy's in French, Spanish and Greek, just asked while doing renewal and the sent them automatically.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Steve, thanks for the info on Denia. We are staying there (in an apartment) next month with a view to possibly move the boat there, so your knowledge is very useful.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Steve, thanks for the info on Denia. We are staying there (in an apartment) next month with a view to possibly move the boat there, so your knowledge is very useful.

Cumbre del Sol per chance?

Enjoy the markets - our favourite is Moraira

http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/costa-blanca/markets/

Mid March is "Las Fallas". If you've not seen it then if I described what they do (Valencia & Denia) you would probably not believe me!

If you need a Spanish SIM for phone/data then Telitec-their office is on the RHS as you leave Moraira on the Calpe Road.

Blues music fan? CBblues have events in various locations but are centred in Bar Mediterrano in Teulada.

Www.Cbblues.com

Last edited:

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Last edited:

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Thanks Steve, just spent a very pleasant hour or so watching those and other videos of the area. Look forward to seeing it all next week.

jordanbasset

Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZFGSby0QCs&app=desktop

The first beach, just a few seconds in, is Granadella; near Javea

6.29 in and you get a few shots of what happens at "Las Fallas"!!!

http://video.costablanca.digital/pl...th-chakra-healing-music-384-hz-throat-chakra/

2.07 in and this is Javea. Note the building with circular roof; it's a church - go in and see the roof

Thanks, going back to Javea for a month in March, the video brought it all back about how good that part of Spain is, have been in the 'boat' church many times

Last edited: