deck covering

dawnsall

Visit site
I have a westerly with a laminated teak deck which is now in need of renewal. I know this is a long job but the deck was at least put on with a mastic rather then epoxy. The question is what to replace it with, bearing in mind the fact that i want to keep the resale value of the boat as high and as desirable as possible. I have been thinking of the teak deck substitutes such as flexideck and tek dek. Any ideas and thoughts greatly appreciated.

<hr width=100% size=1>

cliff

Visit site
"<font color=red>I have a westerly with a laminated teak deck which is now in need of renewal</font color=red>. I know this is a long job but the deck was at least put on with a mastic rather then epoxy. The question is what to replace it with, bearing in mind the fact that i want to keep the <font color=red> resale value of the boat as high and as desirable as possible </font color=red>"

Dare one suggest ........ TEAK!

<hr width=100% size=1>
hammer.thumb.gif

AIDY

www.ybw.com
The only way to go is teak..... laminates look okay but it's not teak is it. Teak as long as it's laid correctly will last 20 or more years and you can always sand the teak back as well in years to come. I'm replacing the teak on my boat at the moment. we had this ply/teak laminate that kept lifting.

have a chat to or <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.k.j.howells.dial.pipex.com> Howells

<hr width=100% size=1>/forums/images/icons/wink.gif <font color=blue> Regards Andy </font color=blue>