Dead Yanmar

dgadee

Visit site
At anchor. Maye asking if Dehler is falling apart with my Heath Robinson approach to engines, so all is as normal

VicS

Visit site
6V 12V 24V CIRCUIT TESTER CAR ELECTRICAL PROBE LIGHT LAMP TEST SCREWDRIVER | eBay

usually included in the cheapo multi tool sets you can get in Halfords etc.
You really need something which will be a much larger load. I have an old car headlamp bulb ( with only one filament now working) on a couple of leads but they are obsolete. A 21 watt indicator/ stop light/ rear fog light bulb would be the next best thing. They are still readily available.

It also makes a handy 12 volt "lead lamp"

Reactions: CJU

Refueler

Visit site
You really need something which will be a much larger load. I have an old car headlamp bulb ( with only one filament now working) on a couple of leads but they are obsolete. A 21 watt indicator/ stop light/ rear fog light bulb would be the next best thing. They are still readily available.

It also makes a handy 12 volt "lead lamp"

I agree for serious stuff ... but even that 'screwdriver' sorts out quite a lot

dgadee

Visit site
€965 replacement cost! For a switch panel!!

I will have to think before I fling that amount of money at Yanmar. After all, it is just start, stop and revs I need having lost the engine hours value.

Ps; I should have put in a Beta.

• Wow
Reactions: vas

Refueler

Visit site
€965 replacement cost! For a switch panel!!

I will have to think before I fling that amount of money at Yanmar. After all, it is just start, stop and revs I need having lost the engine hours value.

Ps; I should have put in a Beta.

I have a 2GM panel that works except for the gauge .... will I pay out for a panel - NO WAY !! I will remove panel and find way to replace just the non-working items with generic budget items ... I may even go the 3D printed panel route and fit own switches etc. using anything necessary from the old.

vas

Visit site
at that price I wouldn't even consider it!!
is there a PCB somewhere in there? Maybe take the switch panel off and see what's in there? on my old yanmar there was a v.simple pcb that did fusing and a couple of relays for fuel solenoid and something else. Had a good shower never worked again... did my own, but that's extreme.

Yours could be as simple as a burnt diode or transistor or fuse...

dgadee

Visit site
I will take it home and investigate. Engine shutoff is convenient, start could be just a wire to the solenoid, not sure about stop from button but certainly don't need a heater on the Med. I will make do for now.

Someone skilled could be making these and selling them at lower than Yanmar price and still make a good profit. Would not have to be more than a basic offering.