Data SIM for Italy

crisjones

Visit site
We are heading to Italy at the moment with a plan to spend 1 to 2 months in Italian waters.
Does any one have any recommendations on the best value PAYG data sim for internet access?
We probably only need around 5Gb per month so just a basic PAYG sim should be fine - a quick look at the websites was not very enlightening since they all seem to be in Italian with no obvious english option and Google Translate is a pretty poor with pictorial style websites. So if anyone has personal experience I would be very interested.

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
We are heading to Italy at the moment with a plan to spend 1 to 2 months in Italian waters.
Does any one have any recommendations on the best value PAYG data sim for internet access?
We probably only need around 5Gb per month so just a basic PAYG sim should be fine - a quick look at the websites was not very enlightening since they all seem to be in Italian with no obvious english option and Google Translate is a pretty poor with pictorial style websites. So if anyone has personal experience I would be very interested.
I'm just ready to leave for my boat in Italy for the summer where I expect to renew my TIM subscription from last year - usually about €30 for 10Gb. Never enough but all three operators have been similar. I've tried them all and stay with TIM because its the only one with a sales outlet in my marina; all others mean driving into the neighbouring town to renew every month and searching for a parking place.

Your best information is likely to be Fandom.

The important thing is to find who has the best coverage in your area and who has the best promotional offers - they come and go.

SPWiddy

Visit site
Lycamobile offer 5gb data and 1000 minutes to any number in Europe for 15 euro per month pay as you go using their Europe Gold bundle, top up online in English or get a top up voucher from most bars or tobacconist.

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
I'm just ready to leave for my boat in Italy for the summer where I expect to renew my TIM subscription from last year - usually about €30 for 10Gb. Never enough but all three operators have been similar. I've tried them all and stay with TIM because its the only one with a sales outlet in my marina; all others mean driving into the neighbouring town to renew every month and searching for a parking place.

Your best information is likely to be Fandom.

The important thing is to find who has the best coverage in your area and who has the best promotional offers - they come and go.
Arrived in Italy this week and went to pay for a month subscription on my TIM data 4G SIM card. The kind lady pointed out that a current promotion, if I took a new card and subscription, would give me 30Gb for the first month for the same price of continuing with the old of only 10Gb. Note that the offer is only valid for foreign visitors and you will need your passport to be photo-copied to register for this service.

Of course, after the first month the subscription reverts to the standard 10Gb/month and needs monthly renewal at the standard rate. Validity is one year, no contiguous subscription is necessary - I leave in October and return in May without subscribing through the absent months.

As I originally wrote, check what promotional offers are current.

K-ron

Visit site
Hi, we just bought a new sim from Wind, 30G a month for 20 euros. Brilliant coverage everywhere we have been in Sardinia and now the aeolian islands. the wind network is a bit odd to understand though, previously to this deal we had 12 gig for 20 euros, I went to the shop to top up and they offered the 30 gig deal instead for the same money. It appears that they randomly have different deals so it's pot luck what you can get at a given time.

Kieran