Danish oil Vs Teak oil

G

How do these two compare for the preservation and enhancement of teak and also pretend-teak for internal and external use? Thanks

G

I use Danish oil on both solid teak and teak faced ply.It dries quicker than teak oil and is very easy to apply. It also works on other woods. Brilliant stuff!

G

Ive tried both. They dont work,if your assessment criteria includes having teak which looks like teak for any length of time. Teak oil, because you need to refresh it, stays damp, attracts dirt, goes really dark.
the other stuff may well protect the material( though teak is an oily wood and needs nothing to protect it from rot, hence its use in the marine environment)but doesnt stop the teak going grey and unsightly.
Last summer with boat ashore I followed the mfc's instructions to the letter, applying No1 and No2 . No 2 lifted off during the winter, exposing no1 which is now going grey. This is on my substantial rubbing strake (3'' x 3'')which is high quality Burma Teak.
I also have teak grab rails. They were given yacht varnish and will see this season out. My view is accept grey teak and save your money. sorry