Dabchicks regatta.

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Well it is pretty miserable weather and with more of the same to look forward to until the great British summer starts I have started to plan my itinary for next year.

One possible is the Dabchicks regatta. Has anyone done this before? Is it fun? Are the people nice? Is it worth the sail from the Crouch and back? Will my boat make it that far?

tillergirl

Visit site
The Dabchicks Regatta is the beginning of Mersea Week on a Sunday. According to the YC site this will be on 16th August, 2009. There is racing every day ending with the WMYC Regatta on the Friday (21st Aug) and the Town Regatta the next day. Round the Island Race (for dinghy's!) is usually on the Wednesday of that week. Fireworks to finish it on the Saturday evening.

I'm not a racer but those who are seem to enjoy themselves! Are the people nice? Well they seem ok to me. Is it worth the sail from the Crouch? Well its not far and the moorings are free. Will my boat make it that far? Umm got me there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DRANNIE

Visit site
If I can manage bradwell to burnham and return in Grayling I don't think you will any problems in your slinky malbec :)

(I'm only jealous having seen you tack up the crouch quicker than I could motor)
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gargleblaster

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Will my boat make it that far?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brian, I'm not sure what Moondancer draws. But looking at it it can't be much over 6 feet. The real question is can you get over the Ray'san or should you go via the Swin Spitway. I can get over the Ray'san two hours before high tide with about 1.9 metres on the sounder as a minimum for the whole trip, crossing directly between the Outer Crouch and the Bench Head buoy. The easy way is to go out to the Swin Spitway buoy and back up the Wallet. You might not want to cross between the Swin and the Wallet buoys at low tide as it gets a bit tight.

Don't forget to turn right at the Branklets.