cyrpus

sailaboutvic

Visit site
can any one give me any info on cyrpus as far as leaving a boat there for the winter any yard there may be and contact number .... all so what is the sailing like there in the winter .... as well as cyrpus i will be wanting to leave it in kos or near by on the way to cyrpus for a week or two any info baout that too please ....
thanks to all ...

<hr width=100% size=1>

wishbone

www.reflect-designs.co.uk
A good web site is http://windowsoncyprus.com there is also http://www.yacht-sale.com the weather in winter is very good. You have limited sailing area because of the North / South divide which has not been resolved yet. You cannot sail from Cyprus to the occupied north, I am pretty sure that if leaving any port in Turkey you will be unable to land on Greek Cypriot soil. New Marina with good facilities is in Larnaca a good book to get is Turkish waters & Cyprus pilot by Rod Heikell we have been visiting the island over the past 17 years, people are very friendly we were going to live there but over the last few years it has become very busy.

Good luck with your planned trip!

<hr width=100% size=1>Wishbone
Rolling, rolling, rolling keep them doggies moving!
Where’s me chuck wagon gone?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
thanks for the info ... so which would you say is safe to leave a yacht and are they all pulled out in the winter or do they say in the water ...

<hr width=100% size=1>

wishbone

www.reflect-designs.co.uk
At Larnaca boats are on the hard and in the water, there is a livaboard community in Larnaca I have only been in Cyprus once in early feb unsettled weather and early Nov good weather. Paphos is no good for wintering on the water swell can get up, no lift out either except for small local fishing boats. not been to Limmasol for many years.

There is a bb board at Larnaca for more info, also Amatas are very helpfull.

hope this helps
Regards

<hr width=100% size=1>Wishbone
Rolling, rolling, rolling keep them doggies moving!
Where’s me chuck wagon gone?