Culatra

Heckler

Visit site
Is wonderful, an oasis of calm. But a heads up. Went in the bar on the front last night where all the liveaboards hang out. A beer and a cider please. Beers are a euro, cider two twenty. I gave her a ten, she pulled a five out of the till then was yacking with her mate. Charged me 3.50 so a couple of cents over the odds then chucked me some shrapnel. I said hey, I gave you a ten! She snapped the five at me which she had taken out of the till after she put the ten in. She was playing the game? I thought oh yeah then looked around at the clientele, all well oiled for the footie. Hmm I gave a look and walked away. I sat down and said to the Admiral Ive just been had over! I checked my wallet and realised she was watching me so I said to the bride, sod this and walked back, she never blinked, opened the till and gave me the five she owed me!
Tonight we went in there, got the drinks and made sure all was well with the change. Decided we wanted a plate of chips, 2.50, gave him a five, he gave me 1.50 change! Hey matey! Whats going on? A sullen open of the till gave me the extra euro change! Moral of the story? Watch your change there!

greeny

Visit site
Not been in there since last year but will be going down there soon. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure the liveaboards down there will have them sussed though. I'll ask around. or maybe one will be along shortly to comment.

Visit site
Is it the only show in town.... having been ripped off twice, (attempted), would you go again?

There are several. I've not been recently and they do change but The Club has long been our favourite - it's set back a bit but you can see the overhead floodlights on the football ground next door.

GHA

Visit site
Beware-thieves about! This morning an item was stolen from our dinghy.
M.
That's a pity, thankfully rare all along this coast. Local info is kids will have your petrol from the dinghy, not just local kids. I've had a can go from Olhao before.

It's so relaxed around here it's easy for forget that so many people are on maybe 500E a month if they have work, big plus to the Portuguese that crime is so low.

But all the ground floor windows have bars for a reason, maybe we should be lifting our dinghys a bit more..

Heckler

Visit site
M.
You back? Just sat through Five Live footie on board, the wind got that high that the French? Bene 393 to the side of us went walkabout.
Was going ashore to watch but didnt fancy getting soaked or being bashed by a walkabout!

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
M.

As already said, kids stealing petrol is sometimes a problem but most thieving is done by visiting boats, always lock the boat up when going ashore and lock the dinghy there as well. Case very recently of visitors stealing a dinghy from Bruce's yard but they were spotted on CCTV. They may still be around the Ria.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
You back? Just sat through Five Live footie on board, the wind got that high that the French? Bene 393 to the side of us went walkabout.
Was going ashore to watch but didnt fancy getting soaked or being bashed by a walkabout!

Voda 4G streaming was rubbish last night so gave up trying to watch the match. Got slightly damp running some German friends ashore after a few bottles on board:)

Heckler

Visit site
Voda 4G streaming was rubbish last night so gave up trying to watch the match. Got slightly damp running some German friends ashore after a few bottles on board:)
In Ayamonte now. Nice and easy at first. Light westerly but it got up to mid twenties at the end. Was well reefed down but still going too fast and arriving too early for the in going tide. Ended up going through the gates at 4 hours before high water! The worst I saw was 3.7 mtrs just after the first gate. Interesting that I marked my plotter with their positions two years ago and they are still in much the same position. So good info for the enquirer a few weeks ago.
PS it was piggin lumpy!