crusader sails are a rip off

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Just come aross this thread - looking for the one on the Lefkas Bridge - and would like to add my bit. We've got a new set of Crusader sails bought from them last February. We bought from them because they were the best price and on the positive recommendations from this forum. They were slightly late being finished but Crusader shipped them to us in Corfu at their expense without being asked. The sails are great quality and fit the rig perfectly. They were made exactly to our measurements - it seems to me that if a set of sails doesn't fit then it will be down to poor measurement, perhaps this is the problem that the op has had.

Nice to see not one negative comment after the OPs rant!!!

truscott

Visit site
The owner of a cat that I look after out here has recently put new Crusader sails on. Can't comment on the price, or shipping, but can comment on the quality and fit. In simple words, they're great. They've transformed the boat. Now all I have to do is get the owner to pay a bit more attention when he's on the helm and job done (the improved performance is frequently undone by some interesting course changes :( ).

PT

Andy and Lyn

West Sussex and French Waterways from 1 April
Visit site
This winter - Main , mizzen and furling genny - plus furlex roller gear and new sail covers all from CRUSADER, all fit perfectly and fantastic service. A happy and satisfied customer who will go back to them every time.

Would have bought my new engine from them too if they did engines but nevertheless, happy with my BETA 30 too!

Happy!!

IanJackson

Visit site
We have only ever had positive dealings with Crusader Sails of Poole. They replaced our main and genoa sails in 2009, the following year we took up their offer of a free clean and service of the sails and they also made some free minor adjustments due to chaffing, etc. Excellent company for both quality and price.

rotrax

Visit site
Most surprised at this thread. The last "Lets give Crusader Sails a kicking" backfired as well. I hope to be able to contribute a more meaningfull post soon as Crusader are due to deliver a new 100% yankee tommorow. It was ordered at LIBS and is a couple of weeks late, but we were warned that due to pressure of orders the delivery date was approximate. Communication good, always helpfull and polite and seem to be good at their job. I'll know very soon.............

AndrewB

Visit site
I don't understand this need to flame the OP for his comments, which were sincere.

I welcome threads like this. They help in terms of identifying companies which have caused misgivings to a number of forumites.

No company is so perfect that every customer is satisfied. It is equally helpful to hear that the vast majority are.

For the record, I have been a customer of Crusader since 1996.

Last edited:

Hamma

Visit site
I don't understand this need to flame the OP for his comments, which were sincere.

I welcome threads like this. They help in terms of identifying companies which have caused misgivings to a number of forumites.

No company is so perfect that every customer is satisfied. It is equally helpful to hear that the vast majority are.

For the record, I have been a customer of Crusader since 1996.

The OP's opening comment was an opinion stated as fact - "Crusader Sails are a rip-off". This type of sloppy, logical chicanery was not allowed to go unchallenged by customers of Crusader who don't agree.

Assuming that everything s/he states is true - then it would have been more honest to say - "I think I have been ripped-off by Crusader" and then gone on to list the reasons. Others could then join the discussion by saying -"my experience is different to yours..."

That's why the flaming (in my opinion!)

I am not a customer of Crusader - I use Dolphin, but this thread has served only to make me believe that they are a solid and trustworthy company.

Beggsy

Visit site
Crusader sails Great

:)I am yet another very satisfied customer of Crusader and recommend them to others on a regular basis, yet to hear a bad word.
The OP's opening comment was an opinion stated as fact - "Crusader Sails are a rip-off". This type of sloppy, logical chicanery was not allowed to go unchallenged by customers of Crusader who don't agree.

Assuming that everything s/he states is true - then it would have been more honest to say - "I think I have been ripped-off by Crusader" and then gone on to list the reasons. Others could then join the discussion by saying -"my experience is different to yours..."

That's why the flaming (in my opinion!)

I am not a customer of Crusader - I use Dolphin, but this thread has served only to make me believe that they are a solid and trustworthy company.

tidaltim

Visit site
I'm surprised that the original post above has been allowed to remain. It is obviously badly written but more importantly, is patently untrue or is describing a different 'Crusader Sails' than the one we all know and use regularly without complaint.
I disagree with the ease that individuals seem to be able to use a forum to gratuitously insult others and think that this conduct is acceptable. If you have an issue with Crusader Sails then contact them and have it put to rights!! I know from the experience of 25 years that they are reasonable, straightforward people who will work hard at customer satisfaction issues. Of course if you have another agenda. . .

Bilgediver

Visit site
A few people had a problem about 10 years ago and there was some discussion at the time however I am sure it was soon sorted and Crusader have had a good reputation for ages for the right product at the right time and price.