Cruising Association/Knox Johnson open letter re 90/180 day problem

goeasy123

Visit site
Spent much of my working life, playing with bilateral agreements and unless the world has totally changed, Memorandums of Understanding (many of which are secret and sensitive) are still very much a way of life.

Why do you think residency is more rewarding than visitors with foreign currency to burn❓

Leaving that to one side, a combination of both must bring in the greatest income.
Me too.... there's a reason they are secret and sensitive. Same reason it's unlikely the CA to get anything for sailors. Do you agree?

residency vs visitor.... because a Spanish estate agent told me. ... Umm... an estate agent!!

nortada

Visit site
Me too.... there's a reason they are secret and sensitive. Same reason it's unlikely the CA to get anything for sailors. Do you agree?

residency vs visitor.... because a Spanish estate agent told me. ... Umm... an estate agent!!
I agree the CA and RYA don’t play in this league but some do and those are the ears that have to be got to.

Not too surprised about the hardly unbiased advice given by a Spanish Estate Agent. It is in his interest that, as a Spanish resident you buy property. If you are a Brit without Spanish residency, you will only be allowed 90/180 days in your Spanish property so you are very unlikely to buy.

Unlike in Portugal, I understand it is not possible to hold dual U.K./Spanish residency. Additionally, not sure if there is a dual tax indemnity treaty.

Should add that as we have Portuguese residency, this problem is largely ameliorated for us but we can still only spend 90 days in 180 in Spain.

However, as in normal times, there is no land boarder between Portugal and Spain not sure how this will work but we will still be pinged when entering or leaving port.

Portugal already log all vessel movements and pass them to boarder control and I suspect, Spain do the same.

Last edited: