Crew Needed for Delivery Trip From Brixham to Poole

Jurgen

Visit site
Hi All,

Am planning on bringing my S37 from Brixham to Poole next Saturday but my Crew has just informed me that they may not be able to make it.

Would anyone be interested in a trip from Brixham to Poole, will pay all expenses for travel etc.

A little about me, have 5 years experience boating the last 2 with my current boat circa 50 hrs each year. Day Skipper Practical qualified with a good understanding of the Theory i.e. passage planning, currents and tides etc.

Will post passage plan with tide and weather details later and happy to take guidance from more experience folk.

Safety is my first and last priority and will adapt and amend plans if called for.

Plan is to arrive at Brixham on Friday night and head off Saturday morning.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy

Jurgen

Visit site
No problems with Raggies Col, my planned crew his a rag n stick man with lots of deep blue experience but the silly old fart dislocated his shoulder and is pretty crook lol

Avalon

phaon.dnsdojo.net
I'm tempted. I'm a raggie, YM offshore etc. and thinking of making the move to power. Having never done a passage in a power boat before I would find this an interesting experience. Not sure if I can get a weekend pass from the other half, though. I'm supposed to be packing stuff up in preparation for moving house.

What weather conditions/forecast would you consider acceptable for this passage?

Let me know if interested.

Jurgen

Visit site
Hi All,

Many thanks for all of the offers. Am in talks with Colhel of this parish, slight change of plans. We are now heading for the Hamble.

Am awaiting the final word from Colin so will let peeps know by tomorrow evening at the latest.

Once again many thanks for all of the offers of help.

Regards

Andy

Jurgen

Visit site
Many thanks to all that have offered to help crew for me, colhel has confirmed he can make it so were all good. Would love to have a bigger crew but accommodation is scarce for Friday night so not able to put anyone else up plus we have a silly o'clock start on Saturday.

Will be in the Solent until mid July so hope to see May of the forumites during our stay.

Once again many thanks for your help and offers.

Regards

Andy

oGaryo

Visit site
Many thanks to all that have offered to help crew for me, colhel has confirmed he can make it so were all good. Would love to have a bigger crew but accommodation is scarce for Friday night so not able to put anyone else up plus we have a silly o'clock start on Saturday.

Will be in the Solent until mid July so hope to see May of the forumites during our stay.

Once again many thanks for your help and offers.

Regards

Andy

See you guys at the Beer and Natter, you can tell us all about your adventures during the meal :encouragement:

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Don't be alarmed when the boat gets underway Colin. I know what they say on the sailing forums but it isn't true. The air doesn't get drawn out of your lungs when you go over 6 knots and just because water isn't crashing over your head it doesn't mean you're about to sink.

Similarly if he starts chuntering "ready about" "lee ho" or whatever it is they shout every time you make an adjustment to the wheel ignore him. Send him down below to make another cup of tea :)

Have a safe trip and watch out for floating debris.

Henry :)

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Oh well, you'll know next time not to hesitate in sending me a PM, always up for a trip, especially as Eos is out of action at the moment!

Have a fun trip, see you in the summer.