Crew available

Hawkflier

Visit site
Hi folks, as a new member to this forum I am looking for some crewing opportunities.
Although it is 14 years since I last really took the helm, I have been racing for the last 8 years in a reasonably successful crew. 2nd in class prior to last season when the skipper mothballed the yacht in order that he could jointly campaign something bigger.
I am Westcliff based (Thames Estuary) and available weekdays and weekends, until at least September. I might be available after that at anytime as I am a self employed consultant and the consultancy work appears to have dried up due to the economic fears everyone is having!

I have a shore based Day skipper and intend to do the practical side and renew my VHF ASAP.
I am also in the process of looking for my own yacht (36-40 foot) sigmas 362 etc or perhaps a share if something interesting comes along.

Oh yeah a little about me; I'm 53 years old reasonably fit still as I run swim and gym. I am happily married to a non sailing wife (although she has sailed and is willing to do more) and have three kids two of whom sail, with the non-sailing ones future husband beginning to get into it! My leisure interests are varied although I am a falconer with a hawk that I hunt over the winter months.
Cheers, Jools

Visit site
French Rivers.

Hi Jools, if you just want an interesting boat trip ? I'm rejoining my Colvic motor sailer at Villefranche sur Saone 42k north of Lyon on 2nd Sept. for 2 weeks.
Then heading to Lyon,Valence,Avignon,Arlesand then down the petite Rhone to the Etang de Thau calling at Sete, Marseillan and finishing probably at Agde.
As the mast is horizontal you won't be sailing but the Saone and Rhone are good fun. Dan
Hi folks, as a new member to this forum I am looking for some crewing opportunities.
Although it is 14 years since I last really took the helm, I have been racing for the last 8 years in a reasonably successful crew. 2nd in class prior to last season when the skipper mothballed the yacht in order that he could jointly campaign something bigger.
I am Westcliff based (Thames Estuary) and available weekdays and weekends, until at least September. I might be available after that at anytime as I am a self employed consultant and the consultancy work appears to have dried up due to the economic fears everyone is having!

I have a shore based Day skipper and intend to do the practical side and renew my VHF ASAP.
I am also in the process of looking for my own yacht (36-40 foot) sigmas 362 etc or perhaps a share if something interesting comes along.

Oh yeah a little about me; I'm 53 years old reasonably fit still as I run swim and gym. I am happily married to a non sailing wife (although she has sailed and is willing to do more) and have three kids two of whom sail, with the non-sailing ones future husband beginning to get into it! My leisure interests are varied although I am a falconer with a hawk that I hunt over the winter months.
Cheers, Jools

sailorman

Visit site
Hi Jools, if you just want an interesting boat trip ? I'm rejoining my Colvic motor sailer at Villefranche sur Saone 42k north of Lyon on 2nd Sept. for 2 weeks.
Then heading to Lyon,Valence,Avignon,Arlesand then down the petite Rhone to the Etang de Thau calling at Sete, Marseillan and finishing probably at Agde.
As the mast is horizontal you won't be sailing but the Saone and Rhone are good fun. Dan

stand well back & wait for the SPAM
attachment.gif