Crabber 24

jon

Visit site
I am thinking of buying secondhand Cornish Crabber 24, I would be interested to hear of any reviews,good points,bad points and general comments[ok I know they are GRP]

G

Hi Jon, Never owned one but I've sailed my mate's a few times. As an onwer of an eighties cruiser racer, I found it quite a delight to sail. No winches, dinghy sized headsails, plenty of bits of string to play with, a topsail can be as much fun as a spinnaker!

The centreplate means that they can dry out but still have reasonable windward performance for a gaffer. Fair accomodation for a family of four. Trailable with a 4 x 4.

The only problem that I know of was a failure at the top of the centreboard casing that allowed an alarming amount of water aboard when driving into a sea.

If you like the appeal of such a boat, I don't think you will be disappointed and you might find it difficult to get something with which to replace her..

Good luck

KCA

jon

Visit site
Misunderstanding-my fault, I was referring to the new Crabber 24 with fixed deep keel and no centre board box problems obviously. Thanks for the comments any way.