Covid excuse for poor service

Northern Star

Visit site
Duty of care for employers still holds true though especially more so if they are not being paid for their work?

MOANING MINNIES ALSO COMES TO MIND?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Visit site
IMHO (which may be incorrect)... EA have taken their time and gone to great lengths to create safe working environments around locks for their staff, and Customer revenues have continued to come in uninterrupted by COVID (much aggrieved by licence paying boaters), so how can the EA justify blaming COVID for their reduce levels of service? This mental challenge is beyond my comprehension!

DogsBody

Visit site
From reading the emails the EA have sent out over the last 18 months or so, it is evident they have reacted slowly to each and every government statement about restrictions, when smart businesses have been putting plans in place in preparation for each change of policy. The key difference of course bring that the EA isn't a business and (sadly for us) doesn't have to worry about customers.

I agree with the thread title though, far too many businesses have used covid as an excuse for poor service. One well known house builder, which I won't name, closed their customer support phone lines when the first lockdown happened and resorted to email contact only, with a targeted one week response time (which in reality was more like two weeks) and still as far as I'm aware hasn't reopened them.

sailorman

Visit site
IMHO (which may be incorrect)... EA have taken their time and gone to great lengths to create safe working environments around locks for their staff, and Customer revenues have continued to come in uninterrupted by COVID (much aggrieved by licence paying boaters), so how can the EA justify blaming COVID for their reduce levels of service? This mental challenge is beyond my comprehension!
Covih has taken over from the 3 day week.?

Visit site
Having completed my response to the EA Registration Charges Consultation and submitted it to the email address they advertised, I received the following:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
enquiries@environmentagency.gov.uk (enquiries@environmentagency.gov.uk)
Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, querying the Domain Name System (DNS) for the recipient's domain location information failed.

Just about says it all really!

Chris_d

Visit site
Having completed my response to the EA Registration Charges Consultation and submitted it to the email address they advertised, I received the following:

Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, querying the Domain Name System (DNS) for the recipient's domain location information failed.

I thought it was an online survey so no need to email to anyone?

tony_lavelle

Visit site

I think there should be a hyphen in environment-agency.gov.uk

Other threads that may be of interest