Corsica marina availability in July and August?

Truro Ex Pat

Visit site
Hi would anyone know if its possible to get into Marinas in Corsica during peak season?
I have heard its very busy but I have found that with SofF as well but seam to be able to get in somewhere?
Its an 18m and already looked at what marinas I can access but be good to know before heading down there assuming we can get out of the UK by then?

Portofino

Visit site
We never had any problems on the two occasions we visited N Corsica in peak season .Sort of first come first served so arrive between 3-4 pm early .
A lot are in safe bays any how for anchoring off , but it’s nice to get off the boat and sit in cafes , restaurants and morning shop in markets etc + the shore power for the AC etc .
Hard to plan , hard to book ahead we just play it by ear set off with no fixed plan and follow the weather tend to go to Elba after Corsica and work up the coast round Italy back plenty of marinas en route .

Fishtigua

Visit site
This year there is a ban on anchoring on almost all the entire west coast, so that's a load of boats that will be needing a berth over previous years.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
We never had any problems on the two occasions we visited N Corsica in peak season .Sort of first come first served so arrive between 3-4 pm early .
A lot are in safe bays any how for anchoring off , but it’s nice to get off the boat and sit in cafes , restaurants and morning shop in markets etc + the shore power for the AC etc .
Hard to plan , hard to book ahead we just play it by ear set off with no fixed plan and follow the weather tend to go to Elba after Corsica and work up the coast round Italy back plenty of marinas en route .
Agree
The cruising yachts tend to come in later so if you can get in before them in the afternoon you should be ok (as we were)
In Bonefacio we had to bung the boys to get a place but the rest ok

Hooligan

Visit site
Hi would anyone know if its possible to get into Marinas in Corsica during peak season?
I have heard its very busy but I have found that with SofF as well but seam to be able to get in somewhere?
Its an 18m and already looked at what marinas I can access but be good to know before heading down there assuming we can get out of the UK by then?
Our experience in Corsica was that it was often hard to book remotely - either direct or via marina reservation sites. However we found that having booked in and then decided we wanted to return in say a week, they always accommodated us - 58 foot boat. Ergo there is always space but booking remotely is not so easy. As others said if there is a ban on anchoring then sounds like it will be really difficult. Couple of notes if it helps: Saint Florent is lovely and a good marina, friendly staff. Calvi - can get buoys but get there early. Ajaccio, big marina, not particularly pleasant but town is better than it is advertised. Girolata - lovely, was easy to book but probably need to do soon. Bonifaccio - book early, spectacular.

Truro Ex Pat

Visit site
Hi thanks for the replies seems like its a good option assuming France Corsica is going to let us in? although we will be coming out of Italy if it makes a difference?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

FWIW I have been using the Navily app to book marinas in SoF during the last couple of seasons and it seems to work well

Book a berth online and find the best anchorages

As for whether coming out of Italy makes any difference, if you have a red ensign on your transom I guess that's going to be a signal to any zealous gendarme to ask you questions about how you travelled there. I suspect that travelling to France from the UK via Italy or another EU country is such an obvious ruse that the new rules will cover it