Corrida 36 liveaboard

JacoT

Visit site
I am looking at a Corrida 36 as a project boat. I intend on rigging her as a live aboard solo cruiser .
As I dont know near enough about hull design to know what I'm looking at , I need any information on the Corrida 36.

The good and bad .Any help or information will be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Jaco

Tranona

Visit site
Welcome to the forum

Don't think you will find anybody here with direct experience of this boat. it is a typical cruiser racer of the 1970s and has enough space to liveaboard. Whether it is suitable for what you want to do is for you to decide. It would not be an obvious choice for long distance cruising in the traditional way and might be a bit of a handful if single handed.

However, boat choice is a very personal thing and for many it is the condition of the boat that is important rather than the actual boat. Boats of that age in poor condition can cost far more than they will ever be worth to bring up to the sort of condition required for serious sailing.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Based on Tranona's post I am guessing that the topsides may be very rounded, as with many cruiser racers of that era. I have sailed on a couple of boats like that and found them incredibly wet, even in moderate conditions. Taking every wave green on the face upwind in a force 4-5 does become very wearing after a few hours.

Google found this one http://www.boatersresources.com/bfs_detail.php?adid=395072

Last edited:

Tranona

Visit site
Cheers Bud. Much appreciated

Yes, the one I found is the same as Vyv did. Looks like they were built in S Africa, so probably very small numbers.

You don't say where you are based, but this forum has mainly UK members - even if they sail elsewhere and mostly use British or European boats that are sold in UK.