Continual quiz about ther Bristol Channel (6)

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
This could be a tricky whereisit if you haven't seen these fellas before, but the answer within half a mile please /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bloody_seal.jpg

graham

Visit site
I know they were released from Gweek but he could be anywhere in the pic. I would say within 2 meters of Snow Petrel anchored somewhere? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Long way from Gweek. I think he may have been born locally.

The little bu**er was playing with the kayaks and trying to swim inside and climb on top. Eventually a painter broke and the boat set off downwind in F4 as it was getting dark. The other boat was upside down and full of water, so I hung off the boarding ladder and partially emptied it, then had to sit in freezing cold water in my underpants and paddle off to catch the other boat which was now about 300 yds away!

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Yes - superb anchorage where you can tuck right close to the cliff and watch the seals. I sat out a southerly F5/6 last summer and it was almost calm close in /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WormsHdanchandyachts2.jpg

WormsHdanchandyacht1.jpg

mrbloto

Visit site
thats what i was thinking waiting for tide to ebb to get across carmarthen bay, and knowing damo likes the ariel shots the only other anchoridge is saundersfoot

graham

Visit site
In company with two other boats i anchored in the lee of Wormshead /Rhosilli during a full Easterly gale.The following day the forecast was for it to go around to the West and blow harder so we had to leave.Halfway across Camarthen Bay the seas were quite impressive.We then had another couple of days sheltering behind Cal;dy. Took us a week to get from Cardiff to Milford /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This was our friends astern crossing camarthen bay.
Aviva.jpg