Continual quiz about ther Bristol Channel (6)

graham

Visit site
Next Q. Wheres this?
005-7.jpg

graham

Visit site
No not RRC .Ill second the bit about Arthur,a remarkable man.

StanArthurRay.jpg

Stan Arthur and Ray aboard Magpie and Snowgoose rafted up in Dale Roads

Dove.jpg

Arthur aboard Jim Cottenhams boat bound for Bristol.

mrbloto

Visit site
thats a rather a young lad with arther if you took this photo you are giving your age away or am i getting older?

graham

Visit site
I took them both from magpie my Lysander 17. But it is you getting on a bit Tim /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

graham

Visit site
To get back to the quiz.The latest question is a whereisit and a clue is Barebones and I sailed there and back today.
005-7.jpg

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Flatholm? Bit of a guess cos I don't know of a PHM there (I was going to say the approach to Carmarthen, but then I figured it was a bit far for a day sail /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

graham

Visit site
Further from Cardiff than Flatholm but closer than Camarthen.

We intended to anchor for lunch in the bay in the pic but a swell was rolling in so we went about another half mile and found a more sheltered spot where some boats were moored. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
PS Im not sure what the buoy is,it isnt a port hand marker ,could be a mooring buoy .

graham

Visit site
Close enough I suppose. First Pic is Middle Hope Cove Second pic is River Banwell which as U say goes towards Wick St L.

PS I'mThinking of going up the river there and drying out overnight sometime. Any idea how far to pubs etc?

graham

Visit site
I was surprised to see boats moored there. It was desolate last time I sailed there also looks as if a sea defence wall has been built since then.

006-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-5.jpg

Some pictures of St Thomas head.

We had hoped to have a nose up to the Yeo as well but time was short by then and fuel was a bit tight. After all the wind lately I didnt expect to have to motorsail today.