Conqubin 38cr gets lifted today ...

Refueler

Visit site
Decided after the storm passage recently - we will lift Anisette a little early ... its cold at night ... weather is unsettled and means any trips of 2 days can end up 3 or 4 with weather effects coming in quicker / going slower etc as they did last trip.
It will also give chance to take advantage of any warm days to do work on the boat - I hate cold days working on boats !!

There are various ideas running through my head ... shall I invest in a Sprayhood ?? Not a cheap matter as it would need frames and fittings as the boat does not have at present.
Do I strip down Furling gear to service / replace bearings.
Repaint stbd side of hull where fenders failed and pontoon scraped the paint
Decision whether to test the LPG system on board (I have gas testers etc in case of leaks) or rip out and replace with Diesel system .... LPG will still be there for cooker
Cherry picker to get to cross trees - flag halyards ... mast head to replace windex / try fix B&G Wind ...

Just a few of the items that spring to mind ... there's lots more !!

johnalison

Visit site
At Kröslin near Peenemunde they have a handy mast ladder alongside the marina for working on masts. It's only the odd five hundred miles away from you but maybe there are others.

Refueler

Visit site
At Kröslin near Peenemunde they have a handy mast ladder alongside the marina for working on masts. It's only the odd five hundred miles away from you but maybe there are others.

Would be nice !! But sadly no.

I will be renting a cherry picker for about 100 euros for the day ... another boat is interested as well - so we may split the fee.

Lift out :

6cqU8AUl.jpg

uqDrXSyl.jpg

y8o6IHYl.jpg

Remarkably clean .... this is not pressurewashed - this is as lifted !

DeATCRMl.jpg

But now we see why my speed log was not working !!

xRneTKLl.jpg

William_H

Visit site
She looks so clean. I guess that is the advantage of sailing in cold water. Best wishes for success with all those jobs. I find here when I pull the boat for the winter the weather fines up for weeks and I wonder why I am not out there sailing. ol'will

Refueler

Visit site
She looks so clean. I guess that is the advantage of sailing in cold water. Best wishes for success with all those jobs. I find here when I pull the boat for the winter the weather fines up for weeks and I wonder why I am not out there sailing. ol'will

Its a strange thing here ... the Baltic being a 'closed water' area with no tides - in summer the water warms up ... that trip back just over a week ago - my displays were showing water temp to be from 15 to 18C ... while air temp at night was ~7C and daytime out there about 15C. At height of summer sea can be well over 18C ... then we hit winter !! Ice forms along the beaches and can extend out for 100's of metres ...
Seasonal on land temps can be -30C winter .. +30C summer.

But yes - we were all surprised how clean she came out ... she has a thin film of slime - but that's all. The outlets and speed logs / prop shaft of course have their growths ... yard applied special Gel to these before launch - forget its name, but designed for the job. It failed ! So this time we will apply standard antifoul to these, as well as a refresh coat of the Copper Rich VC Tar black to hull.

The jobs will be in between the typical autumn turning to winter weather ... we have days of strong wind / rain at times that really I have no wish to working on boats or anything else outside !!