Condensation

nicho

Visit site
Can anyone steer me in the direction of a product I once saw advertised please?. It was for a fibre matting type of material that was cut to shape, to go under the berths on a boat, to prevent the build up of condensation/damp (particularly in the winter months), caused by warm bedding/hot bodies (I wish!), lying on a non breathable fibre glass base.

Many thanks.

<hr width=100% size=1>

VicS

Visit site
Hawke House Marine in Fareham. 01329 668800

or try MMG in Kings Lynn 01553 617791 for other stockists of "Ventair"

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Others hereabouts said they used the blue insulation board under the mattresses you see on building sites, would seem a load cheaper and certainly better insulation? Note also you only need the windows open the tiniest bit to prevent the condensation .

<hr width=100% size=1>

nicho

Visit site
Thanks TCM, but it's only the undermattress dampness that's the problem (and no, I'm not incontinent yet!!). The rest of the boat is extremely dry. In the winter months, the boss insists on her electric blanket, and that plus natural body heat seems to cause the problem as the mattress lays on either GRP or marine ply. The blue insulation board is a good idea - however, the necessarry Ventair sheets will only cost around £50, and will also give a little extra depth to the mattress, so that's what I'm going for.

<hr width=100% size=1>